Team's post here, PLZ!

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by SheepDog, Dec 4, 2010.

1. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI

According to thier website you must have 1 year varifiable experience before they will hire you, no rescent grads. That leaves out the wife,,,
    Thanks anyway,

SheepDog

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

We applied to Central Refrigerated... Gave all our info to the recruiter and waiting to straighten up things at home (having to place MIL in Assisted Living) then he can start - I will following once he is out on the road. He use to be an O/O >20 years ago - I was the right seat one or twice. Life has come around full circle and we are going to do it together this time... a 'working retirement' - LOL!

4. lil may

lil may Road Train Member

May 25, 2009
    Wrong as long as you have over 6 mo exp. driving they wil take the wife and you can train her but you have to get into the company first

5. Texas-Nana

Texas-Nana Princess Drives-a-Lot

Apr 23, 2008
    Nana's empty nest
    I team with my husband and we're with Swift.

6. SheepDog

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    Lady K., I know exactly what you mean about the retirement part...that is what I am attempting to do as well

lil may, I guess that is why it is always good to research more than just a website, thank you.

Texas-Nana, what can I say to you, I feel like I have known you for a while. Your posts always keep me interested and I have sent some of your info to my wife to read. Hopefully I can get her on this site and get her talking to woman such as yourself. She is just a little nervouse...LOL

Thanks all,

SheepDog

7. lil may

lil may Road Train Member

May 25, 2009
    I have teamed with my husband but he wanted to go back solo

He has drove for 13yrs he has done the teaming thing with more than just me he has done the training thing and he has done flat bed,tank reefer dry box doubles etc I could go on but to make a long story short he has tried it all at least once along with most companies

Myself on the other hand hasn't done as much but I has a passanger first before I started to drive best of luck to you 2

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
    SheepDog Thanks this.
  8. SheepDog

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    I was really praying this thread would do better. I will take it as a good sign though, all Teams must be busy...LOL If anyone knows anyone that drives for Quest, Dot-Lines or Kennesaw please post here. Everyone have a Merry X-mass and happy New Year.

SheepDog

9. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

Well I hope to be posting as an 'on the road' team soon (give us a couple months)... Klingon is starting school Monday and I will follow as soon as I get things settled in at home. Until then we are still a team - just not driving as one yet ;)

10. Klingon

Klingon Heavy Load Member

Nov 30, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    Central Ref Serv. There are better compainies as far as $$ but they seamed to be pretty "husband & wife" teams...
    They are covering a big chunk of the training and finacing the balance. There is just a one year commentment.

11. Texas-Nana

Texas-Nana Princess Drives-a-Lot

Apr 23, 2008
    Nana's empty nest

Well thank you and I really hope your wife will join the forum.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.