Team's post here, PLZ!

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by SheepDog, Dec 4, 2010.

1. harleymanjax

harleymanjax Rookie Skateboarder

Dec 17, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    We do 10 hrs of driving, then 10hrs in the sleeper, keeps the wheels rollin

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

I like that idea - we almost have that schedule right now. He works days and I work evenings - so if we set a time for about 3 - then he can start and I get to sleep in - LOL!!

4. lydialonghaul

lydialonghaul Light Load Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Glen Allen, VA
    My husband and I team for Transam Trucking, Olathe, KS. He went to trucking school first inorder to find a company that will allow him to train me. Transam allowed him to train me after 6 months of driving. This worked out, because I was still in a contract teaching, and by the time I finished my contract and went to driving school he was out on the road with TA longer than 6 months.

He usually drives long hours during the day and I drive the night shift. I am a night owl, I can function on very little sleep, he doesn't do a great job with driving over night. If he has to do it, he can, but, I like to have the day time free for, catching up with friends on facebook, trucking forums, phone calls etc.

Lady K Thanks this.
  5. trukngrl

trukngrl Lollipop, lollipop...

Mar 7, 2009
    Manchester, Ga
    I like switching out around 3. It makes it where both drivers have daylight and night driving. As long as you do not have to sit to much it works out great. I got lucky with my dispatcher he does not keep me sitting to long if he can help it. but then again I have had the same dispatcher for over four years so we basically got each other figured out...LOL

Lady K Thanks this.
  6. SheepDog

SheepDog Road Train Member

Nov 30, 2008
    Sand Lake, MI
    Hello Team members,,,had a hard time finding this thread for a minute but have a question and thought I would post it here first.

My wife is going to start school to get her CDL in a week or two and I have done nothing but research on the subject of Teams, specifically O/O Teams and cant find a dang thing concerning O/O Teams. I do know that there are companies like SNI that will let you hire on as a team with your own truck,,I think? Does anyone know of companies that allow you to hire on as a Team with your Own Truck?

Thanks,,,
    SheepDog

7. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

I would hazard a guess that if a company will hire a solo O/O - they would hire a team O/O... but then I'm not out on the road yet... I will be interested in the answers you get though - we might think about that in 2 or so years ourselves.

8. chompi

chompi Road Train Member

Jun 21, 2008
    Deland, FL
  9. curley

curley Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2011
    Look in to Southern Cal Transport in B'ham AL. My husband and I used to drive for them, all team company, lots of miles and lots of husband- wife teams. You have to have (or get) your hazmat. GOOD LUCK!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2011
    Thephilteam Thanks this.
  10. " OPTIMUS PRIME "

" OPTIMUS PRIME " Light Load Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Driver Seat
    Quick question if I may....
    How many miles can a team legally drive weekly and monthly?

How many miles does your team Avg and what kind of trailer are you guys running?

Thanks for the info
    O.P.

11. Lady K

Lady K Road Train Member

[QUOTE=" OPTIMUS PRIME ";1715227]Quick question if I may....
    How many miles can a team legally drive weekly and monthly?

How many miles does your team Avg and what kind of trailer are you guys running?

Thanks for the info
    O.P.
    [/QUOTE]
    We aren't driving team yet -(soon though :) ) - and from what I can gather you can figure average 500 miles/driver - so 1000 per day - but that will also depend on what loads you get and how many miles the company you work for sends your way... then there are the pick up/delivery delays - so nothing is set in stone... as for trailer - we will be pulling refers :D

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.