Tell me about Volvos

Discussion in 'Trucks [ Eighteen Wheelers ]' started by teachmebouttrucking, Mar 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 550hpW900L

    550hpW900L Road Train Member

    1,874
    1,090
    Jan 29, 2008
    norcal
    0
    Have two old ones, looks like a stock C15 all the fun is on the inside.

    [​IMG]

    [​IMG]

    Those are old pics, when i bought the truck in december.
     
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

    Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

    Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

  3. Redrider

    Redrider Light Load Member

    190
    61
    Mar 30, 2008
    boonville,nc
    0
    why would u put orange filters on a yeller motor,i'm just askin
     
  4. ziggystyles

    ziggystyles Road Train Member

    lol I was thinking of a few questions myself in regards to that yeller motor:
    Why why why why why why why?

    lol
     
  5. 550hpW900L

    550hpW900L Road Train Member

    1,874
    1,090
    Jan 29, 2008
    norcal
    0
    Those are pics on dealer lot, its what was on there at the time. It runs cat filters now.
     
  6. Redrider

    Redrider Light Load Member

    190
    61
    Mar 30, 2008
    boonville,nc
    0
  7. 550hpW900L

    550hpW900L Road Train Member

    1,874
    1,090
    Jan 29, 2008
    norcal
    0
    Im no fan of baldwins, even their high efficiency filters suck, on average oil psi is 3-4psi lower, fuel psi atleast 5 psi lower, and fuel filters clog up after 8-10k miles of use, atleast from my experience.
     
  8. 550hpW900L

    550hpW900L Road Train Member

    1,874
    1,090
    Jan 29, 2008
    norcal
    0
    Dont tell me you got pwn3d by no electricity man?
     
  9. Muleskinner

    Muleskinner <strong>"Shining Beacon of Chickenlights"</strong>

    550,Speaking of the "Yeller" color on Cats.The Marine in that 359 is solid shiney white and never had a spot of yellow anywhere on it.EVER.When I first looked at it, I told that old man I was gonna paint her yellow and he about had a stroke.He said to leave her like she was because I could have fun with it.He said the guys that knew what it was wouldn't want to fool with you and the guys that didn't ,he would just make different names up all the time for what kinda motor it was....Rolls Royce,Caddy,Studebaker,Four stroke 871 Detroit... etc etc.He was right,it was fun.
     
  10. 550hpW900L

    550hpW900L Road Train Member

    1,874
    1,090
    Jan 29, 2008
    norcal
    0
    Yeah power is fun, mine aint a marine motor, just has marine goodies on it. I can climb 6% mountains with 80k lbs in 17th gear doing 65mph using 44-45psi of boost, if i push it to the floor the sucker will start to accelerate.
     
  11. AfterShock

    AfterShock Road Train Member

    6,645
    11,635
    Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    0
    One of the O/O's at a company I drove for, had a late 70's to mid 80's -- as I recall, Peterbilt. By choice. Well maintained.
    He used to haul produce, low sleeper, long wheelbase, visor, and an even more impressive interior.
    Had an original, he said, White Cat under the hood.
    That's the color it came from the factory.
    White.
    Not yellow.

    I K N O W that Big truck had long legs and didn't mind climbing.
    And it NEEDED the locomotive horns it had.

    Was that a marine Cat?
     
  • Truckers Report Jobs

    Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

    Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

  • Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.