tell the truth!!!

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by sdiva101, Feb 18, 2008.

1. sdiva101

sdiva101 Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2008
    crestview,fl
    Because he's new to this business.He's only been driving a year.He's an electrician by trade LOL go figure he wanted to drive a truck !!! We are learning as we go.I wish I had seen this site before he started this.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Hitman

Hitman Mr. Gamer

Sep 5, 2006
    Tioga, PA
    Not trying so sound lika a smartazz, but I don't understand why would he consider becoming a trainer, when he is still trying to learn the business himself? I'm not a trucker yet, but i've researched this industry long enough, to know that it takes alot longer then one year to become knowlegeable and comfortable enough to become a trainer. I know when I get into this industry and have reached the point when it is time to go out with a trainer, I want someone with more then one years experiance. That is just my opinion.

4. sdiva101

sdiva101 Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2008
    crestview,fl
    I personally would want a trainer with more than 1 year experience if I were a trainee.But this is the requirement that stevens has.only 1 year and you can become a trainer.i'm sure thay would not consider him if he were late on loads or had an accident on his record.But his main concern is making money.I think this would deffo give him more experience.He's a great driver .You gotta start somewhere lol

5. sdiva101

sdiva101 Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2008
    crestview,fl
    No not quite... this was exceptionally bad,they tell him winters are always bad.is that true?or just true for his company?

6. leannamarie

leannamarie "California Girl"

Winters are bad for everyone. The economy isn't helping much either.

7. sdiva101

sdiva101 Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2008
    crestview,fl
    I guess next year we'll know to have some money put back for winter.Wish someone would have told us this year though LOL:biggrin_2559: See i am laughing.

8. myminpins

myminpins Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2007
    Dartmouth, NS, Canada
    Winters aren't always bad for everyone - it really depends on where you work, what you do, where you run, etc.

I wish you the best of luck and hope you find a solution that works for both of you.

9. rookietrucker

rookietrucker Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jul 15, 2007
    TEXAS
    I would be looking for a company driver job like crete. Do your research on what company would suit him and get preapproved for hire. Then run like hell from that lease. The money he is making right now. Is only benefiting stevens not your husband.

10. pochop7

pochop7 Light Load Member

Nov 20, 2007
    Zephyrhills,Florida

Goodluck with that......Werner you can be a trainer after 6 months.....It doesn't require much to be a trainer anymore

11. Lurchgs

Lurchgs Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2008
    Denver, CO
    That is downright frightening. Is it my imagination, or does that mean that Werner (and Stevens) have such high turnover that they can't keep drivers with significant experience?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.