tell the truth!!!

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by sdiva101, Feb 18, 2008.

1. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Please do, and I am sure I am not the only one who feels this about your hubby " I know your hubby can do better somewhere else if he can get out". Can you receive PM's yet? If so, let me know. Even though I am 20, I have studied this industry and know a jackazz recruiter when I see one if you get what I am refering too.

Kinghunter

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. myminpins

myminpins Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2007
    Dartmouth, NS, Canada
    King, she can receive PMs but not reply to them. You might want to send her your email addy if you want her to contact you.

Good luck to you and your hubby sdiva101!!!

4. The Challenger

The Challenger Kinghunter

Dec 22, 2007
    East Central FL
    Thanks I will do that.

Kinghunter

5. sdiva101

sdiva101 Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2008
    crestview,fl
    danc you sound a little bitter...I don't think I came across as thinking my hubby is an o/o.I came in here looking for info.not insults.Thanks to those of you who have been helpful and kind.And most of you have.

6. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi
    Bitter ..not at all. Realistic, very much so. I never implied you thought your husband was an O/O.

If stating facts and the truth is an insult. Then, so be it. But, my wife doesn't deal with $16 paychecks EVER. So who is bitter here?

The only bitter people I know, usually think they own MicroSoft. Because they purchased a copy of Windows. Or they are over extended on every major credit card, behind on every bill, yet never seem to grasp the concept of "No Free Rides", someone actually has to pay the bills.

:biggrin_25514:

7. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    A lot of this info is correct with a lot of leases. There are a couple out there that have a decent package for those who can not swing the truck on their own. I talk to drivers all the time and I am always anaylizing what I hear. I have talked to a lot of mav lease ops and most of them have done well. I have heard good about BTC lease as well. I have read on here of some of prime's leases that people seem like they are happy, but the ones I talk with on the road are not. I have talked with one dart driver in a freightshaker shop and he had 2 of their trucks and was happy. For the most part tho, you better know trucking inside and out and do a lot of research first because it is a roll of the dice. There are many risks and gambles involved and newbies should not go that route. Any co that tries to get newbies to lease is preying on un-knowing victims. As said before most leases are belly up baits.

8. dancnoone

dancnoone "Village Idiot"

May 6, 2007
    Mississippi

I have to agree with you Notarps. There are some good lease companies out there. We just don't hear enough about them.

Even the bad ones have success stories. But, these guys knew what it took to make that success happen.

When I was at CFI, they offered a lease purchase deal. Out of over 50 trucks (that I am aware of) only 2 made it to completion. The rest bailed.

Both of these drivers bought their own NEW trucks at the end of the lease. Not sure how that turned out. But if I had to guess, it was good.

9. notarps4me

notarps4me Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2007
    NASA HQ
    The ones that seem to be the best you don't ever hear them being advertised. I think it has only been the last few years that some of these have been trucker friendly. I saw a white truck, mav ic (odd color for mav theirs are a maroon color or snidey orange) I asked him how he got a white tractor as a lease op. He was with parrot and mav bought them out. I asked him how he liked it and he said that is all he had ever done was lease. He had been doing it for years. I asked him who he liked better mav or parrot and he said about the same.

Bottom line is you have to run it like a business and I am a trucker. Not a buisness man. Not sure if I could be both. Don't know if I have the smarts to keep my head above the water. I break down I say hey come tow your truck and let me know when I can roll again!:biggrin_25520:If I was footing the bill I would be at stroke level!:biggrin_2554:

10. sdiva101

sdiva101 Bobtail Member

Feb 18, 2008
    crestview,fl
    I am not bitter...quite the oppisite.I'm so glad your wife doesn't have to deal with $16 dollar paychecks .I would not wish that on anyone EVER.I also work full time so we are not hurting.My bills are paid and my children are taken care of.Maby your facts and truth but not everyone elses.I will not be drawn into an argument with someone I don't know.That is not my intent on this site or any site.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.