Temp control Div

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by flatt, Apr 23, 2012.

1. JNaum

JNaum Light Load Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Dyersburg, TN

Hey cap thanks for that info, so sounds like to me, that when I am going home for home time, I wont be under a load and after home time pick up in dyersburg, union city, or covington. Now once I complete my training with a trainer, will I have time to come home and stock up the truck?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CaptainX3

CaptainX3 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Fort Worth, TX
    They really try to arrange it, and are successful most of the time. They weren't able to do it for me because I live in Fort Worth, and we didn't have very many customers down there when I first started. But with your location, they might not send you directly home, but there are a LOT of loads that would pass close enough to your home that you can route through there and pick up your stuff.

4. JNaum

JNaum Light Load Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Dyersburg, TN
    Ah ok cool thanks capt

5. flatt

flatt Light Load Member

Aug 14, 2011
    indasticks of tn ;-D
    Deadhead from Edmonton, Alberta to Milbank, SD. Longest deadhead I've had w/Maverick. Crossing back into the US at Pembina, got to have the trailer x-rayed and had my cab searched. They could have at least closed the lid on the darn cooler when they got done. LOL!

jxu417 Thanks this.
  6. CaptainX3

Nov 10, 2011
    Fort Worth, TX
    They love searching trucks coming back in from Alberta for some reason. I've been searched 3 times coming back into the US through there, but never at either of the other two crossings.

7. haus41

haus41 Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2013
    hello room. I have a question about Maverick. I an amputee. Before I had my leg amputaed, I was a truckdriver/owner operator for 10 years. I am looking to get back into driving trucks again. I am in the process of taking a refresher course, and the recruiter at the school gave me an application for Maverick. I would like to get some information about Maverick. Does the tcd have a physical fit test? If so, what does it consist of? and Do you guys do alot driver unloads? and finally do they have any lease operators in the division. Thank you for your help?

8. CaptainX3

Nov 10, 2011
    Fort Worth, TX
    Yes, TCD goes through a physical fitness test, the same one as flatbed and glass, and it's pretty extensive. Lifting, pulling, climbing, etc.

Maverick's TCD freight is no-touch, I have never unloaded a single piece of freight off of my truck.

At this time, Maverick does not offer the IC program for TCD drivers. I'm hoping this will change in the near future as our division grows.

I would call recruiting and ask for Courtney. She was my recruiter. She'll be able to answer any questions you have in relation to accommodations and/or waivers provided to disabled drivers. To be honest, I don't know if they can hire an amputee given the possible safety issues, but she could definitely find out for you for sure. Good luck!

9. haus41

haus41 Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2013
    Thank you for the information. I am able to drive a truck. I had to do what's called a skilled performance evaluation for the federal government, to prove that I can a drive a commercial truck safely. which is why I'm taking a refresher class. I will call her first thing in the morning. Thanks again for your help.

10. jxu417

jxu417 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Midwestern OH
    I wish you the best of luck and hope to hear good news from you soon!

11. jxu417

jxu417 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Midwestern OH
    :biggrin_25513:

flatt Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.