Temp control Div

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by flatt, Apr 23, 2012.

1. flatt

flatt Light Load Member

Aug 14, 2011
    indasticks of tn ;-D
    Well...this was a first for me: Got to the shipper this evening @ 1800 for my 1900 appt. Check in @ the gate, get to the s/r office, clerk says: "your load isn't scheduled to load out until 1400 tomorrow..." Me: "Seriously?" Clerk: "Yep. Call in around 1100 in the morning, as that will be the time they start picking the order, and let them know you're in the area."

All that, after having a 34hr reset this weekend (not complaining about that, tho). Oh well, guess we'll deal w/it in the morning!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. JNaum

JNaum Light Load Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Dyersburg, TN
    Hey all it has been finalized. I am goin to go work for Maverick (pending me passing my test on thursday). Cant wait to be a part of the team!!!

jxu417 Thanks this.
  4. CaptainX3

CaptainX3 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Fort Worth, TX
    Congrats, welcome to the family :)

JNaum Thanks this.
  5. CaptainX3

CaptainX3 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Fort Worth, TX
    I got you beat lol... I was carrying a load of meat up to the northeast, a maximum security penitentiary in Maryland I think (or could've been PA, not sure).

Anyways, I arrived a couple hours before my scheduled delivery at 0700. And I knew something was up when they stopped me at the gate IN FORCE to the tune of 11 officers, all of who, we're holding their weapons (not pointing them, but drawn). As it turns out, they weren't expecting a delivery that day and I had apparently turned the wrong direction when I entered the facility (there weren't any signs showing where to go).

I showed them my paperwork and they had me park and wait until 0700. When that time came, a lady walked out to the truck, handed me my paperwork, and told me that I was 29 days early for delivery. Not minutes, not hours... DAYS. It took my FM two hours to find a random cold storage warehouse to drop the load off and have it stored until it was due to deliver 29 days later.

flatt Thanks this.
  6. JNaum

JNaum Light Load Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Dyersburg, TN
    Hey ya'll just to let yall know, passed all three of my tests and now I am just waiting on a date for orientation.

jxu417 Thanks this.
  7. jxu417

jxu417 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Midwestern OH
    Congrats JNaum! I know that you have been on here trying to figure out which way to go for a long time. Congratulations on your decision, and I promise you that you have made a wise choice. You WILL be absolutely sure once you set foot in NLR, that you made the right choice. Good luck on your next step.

8. JNaum

JNaum Light Load Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Dyersburg, TN
    thx man its been a long time coming. Just waiting on the paper work to take down to the DMV and get my photo done. I called the recruiting department and caleb told me that I should be in orientation by the first of november.

jxu417 Thanks this.
  9. jxu417

jxu417 Road Train Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Midwestern OH
  10. JNaum

JNaum Light Load Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Dyersburg, TN
    O will do, I will try to do updates as I go

11. exhawkeye

exhawkeye Light Load Member

Jun 25, 2012
    Forney,TX
    congrats. ..welcome to the family

JNaum Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.