Temp control Div

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by flatt, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Crazy Rabbit

Crazy Rabbit Bobtail Member

Jun 5, 2012
    Rowlett,TX
    I called today about getting on with Maverick. Very nice lady that I spoke with on the phone. Asked about the TCD line, liked what I heard.

I am also looking for a good company to start with and stay with for a long time. Not big on jumping ship after a short amount of time, took my time and looked around at other companies and found out that Maverick was the place for me.

Looking forward to working with yall

Evil_E, JimTheHut and sewerman Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. sewerman

sewerman Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2008
    westville indiana
    good deal hope everything works out great for you. Looking forward to your updates.

4. sparkn

sparkn Light Load Member

Aug 15, 2011
    USA
    Good deal. Maverick is, IMO, the best OTR to start with and a good company to stay with.

sewerman Thanks this.
  5. Crazy Rabbit

Jun 5, 2012
    Rowlett,TX
    Talked to Amanda last Wednesday. Told me that they would contact me in 5-7 days. Getting my MVR and background checks. Don't have anything to worry about the last ticket I got was in '96 or 97. A friend drives tanker an talked to a couple of drivers and they were very happy with the company and the way they treat them. I am looking for a long term relationship with the company. Don't like to jump around from one place to another. She also asked to if I would be interested in running to Canada, told her that it wouldn't be a problem.

6. plentygood

plentygood Road Train Member

Apr 24, 2011
    USA / CANADA
    Sounds to me like you will be perfect for Maverick.

7. Goooose

Goooose Bobtail Member

Jun 19, 2012
    I'm a TCDD with maverick and my miles have been pretty good and I do get home most weekends but that's cause I live near a few Tyson chicken plants. For the most part maverick has been good but there are times I feel like I got screwed . Which I'm not going to say how b/c companies watch these forums

8. Hightower

Hightower Light Load Member

Feb 16, 2012
    Carbondale pa
    Saw a temp truck at the petro today when I was delivering there . First one I saw .

9. Crazy Rabbit

Jun 5, 2012
    Rowlett,TX
    Just called and found out that my application was approved. Waiting for a call back to get an orientation date will be.

10. herky320

herky320 Bobtail Member

Jun 10, 2012
    De Soto, Missouri
    I have to more weeks of CDL school left. I just got the call today from Jeff stating that I am good to go and once I get my class A he will assign my orientation. I hope there are still openings once I graduate. It seems like every forum about Maverick I see is someone going to orientation before me. By the way I will be going to the T/C division. Wanted a route where I travel west, but a jobs a job.:biggrin_255:

Can someone who is in the T/C div or currently going through training post info about what it is like. I know you are away from home longer than most, but what is the training like, did you get a truck as soon as you were cut loose, etc. ?

11. Crazy Rabbit

Jun 5, 2012
    Rowlett,TX
    Herky, Maybe we be in the same orientation class at the same time. Called Amanda today and she is putting me on the ASAP list if someone backs out. Gotta call her back Tuesday to find out the date..

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.