Temp control Div

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by flatt, Apr 23, 2012.

1. sewerman

sewerman Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2008
    westville indiana
    I would say look for a company that you would want to stay working for. As far as shifting a truck that is one thing that I don't even think about. It's like riding a bicycle once you've done it you'll never forget.
    Personally myself I like 13 speed but I will drive a auto and I like them.
    One thing I will say about trucking if you stay long enough you'll have to adjust to a lot of different technologies. The two things I had the hardest time with were bias ply tires switching to radials. And manual steering the power steering.

But if it wasn't for all the creature comforts, on the new trucks I would probably be retired. I say the new trucks are so sissified buy me a summer dress and a box of tampons.

BronzeLion and Evil_E Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. BronzeLion

BronzeLion Light Load Member

Jun 18, 2012
    Pittsburgh, Pa.
    I am starting to realize that finding a good company to start with is very important when just a rookie. One that will work with you to get you home whether that be every week or every 2-3 weeks, and after a month of researching I have narrowed my choices to 3 so far. They are Schneider, Prime and Maverick in no particular order yet. Also, I have just begun researching local companies and it would be a huge convenience to hire on with one of them...I will start knocking on these doors soon!

4. sewerman

sewerman Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2008
    westville indiana

I would take prime out my list . Most of the prime drivers I talked to don't get home to much.

5. Danfromwindsor

Danfromwindsor Road Train Member

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Prime is fine as long as you stay company driver and dont mind a minimum of 4wks away from home at a time. Schneider has good benefits and pay the only bad I hear from their drivers is the companies maintenance practices. My brother in law used to work for schneider before finding a local gig and my friend is a driver trainer at Prime so I speak from their experience.

sewerman Thanks this.
  6. Streetrods

Streetrods Bobtail Member

Dec 22, 2011
    Clinton, IL
    I've been working the TCD division for 6 months what do you wanna know.
    I get home every 2 weeks
    Most of the time the automatic sucks
    2500 a wk is average for me
    MOST Fleet managers are fine
    Company has been honest.
    Not the greatest mechanics around.
    They do what they can do to make your job good

Mr goobus Thanks this.
  7. Danfromwindsor

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Whoa an honest to goodness TCD driver,I was sure they didnt know how to get online. Lol. Just kidding :p

8. Streetrods

Dec 22, 2011
    Clinton, IL
    I posted a few questions about the reefers here 5 months ago. Was given smart ### remarks by a flatbed driver that I must be old, fat, crippled or just lazy to want TCD.
    I am none of the above and dont need that BS
    I will tell the truth of anything about this division and give help to newbies.
    CHEERS

9. Streetrods

Dec 22, 2011
    Clinton, IL
    I posted a few questions about the reefers here 5 months ago. Was given smart ### remarks by a flatbed driver that I must be old, fat, crippled or just lazy to want TCD.
    I am none of the above and dont need that BS
    I will tell the truth of anything about this division and give help to newbies.
    CHEERS

10. Danfromwindsor

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Aww Im sure he was just pokin fun. If you're gonna be a trucker very long you're gonna have to toughin your skin a bit lol.

11. Danfromwindsor

Mar 26, 2010
    Missouri
    Im sure you're not old bwahahahaha.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.