Testosterone for old guys

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Okieron, Jan 23, 2012.

1. texan007

texan007 Medium Load Member

Jun 5, 2010
    In the woods,TEXAS
    First off my wife thought it was cool that we are able to share this kind of info with each other...funny huh. Well as one man to another I wish I could take two CC a week instead of 1 .
    Great for me I will save y'all the before and after pics but my doctor, friends, me, my children, people around town, customers, even my parents have said how much younger I look, act it's wonderful , it has given me my life back I had forgotten what it was like to canoe, water ski, lift weights, play ALL DAY WITH my children. All around its great!

Attached Files:

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CaptainYellowbeard

CaptainYellowbeard Light Load Member

Nov 25, 2011
    Hoquiam WA
    I have a theory, that we all get cancer several times during out lives. Most of the time our immune system will recognize it for what is is, and destroy it without you ever knowing the battle is going on. Hurrah for the silent sentries in all of us!
    For certain cancers (prostate is front and center here!) testosterone acts like gasoline on a fire. (You remember gasoline... the stuff 4 wheelers burn.)
    Be careful my friends. If you are going to boost T, have your PSA levels checked more often. Twice annual DRE would be helpful also.

Hanadarko Thanks this.
  4. poppapump1332

poppapump1332 Road Train Member

Jan 2, 2010
    birdsboro,pa
    test is best sticking yourself aint no big deal itll make you feel like your 18 again

5. Winkjr

Winkjr Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Marlton NJ
    im going to revive an old thread here. here goes. today i saw a urologist he confirmed my T is low so he sent me for more tests. an ultrasound and blood tests. he gave me a hot of testosterone. it was 400ml i think. now what can i expect? I have a follow up in 2 weeks and he wants me to go on the andro gel after that. should i do that or tell him i want to take injections thanks guys for the info.

6. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    I tried that gel several years ago. The ONLY thing that I could tell that it did, was to keep me angry and miserable all the time. Even my loving wife noticed a difference in my personality. When I discussed it with the doctor, he claimed that he had never heard of such a reaction. I quit using the stuff, and quit with that doctor.

7. richieryan

richieryan Medium Load Member

Aug 3, 2011
    OKC,OK
    I went to a clinic in OKC that does bio-identical hormone replacement therapy. After labs, I'm on thyroid Rx, 50mg of DHEA daily and they planted T-pellets in my glutes. Energy now up, appetite down, mood better and sex is like a jump back to my 30s(48 now). Thyroid is cheap, DHEA is avail at wal-mart. Pellets are spendy, but comparable to the tube of cream every month. Also 3mg melatonin at bedtime.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  8. Winkjr

Winkjr Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Marlton NJ

Nice. I was just at my dr Friday he gave me another shot and did talk about the pellets. But for now he put me on the gel. I haven't got it yet I'll get it when I get home I guess. Last I heard the insurance had to get with the dr to authorize it. But yeah energy is up and sex life is way better. Got to go back in about 7 weeks after another round of blood tests. I did tell him I would be ok with injections.

9. Quickfarms

Quickfarms Heavy Load Member

May 29, 2012
    Los Angeles, Ca
    That is funny

10. rookietrucker

rookietrucker Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jul 15, 2007
    TEXAS
    So what is the name of the test ? Do you tell the doc you want your testosterone level checked ?

11. richieryan

richieryan Medium Load Member

Aug 3, 2011
    OKC,OK
    Hopefully you have a wise doc who will treat your symptoms rather than the quack I fired. My labs showed thyroid and testosterone levels near the low-end of the normal range and so he refused to treat the symptoms. I went to the Broadway Clinic in OKC. You may laugh, but most of what I've learned about bio-identical hormone replacement has been from books by Suzanne Somers. I also take a lot more
    supplements than before. We (Men) need our manly hormones where they should be, not just for sex, but our overall health.

CaptainYellowbeard and itafua Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.