Texas Gathering

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by Haystak88, Jun 16, 2016.

1. Haystak88

Haystak88 Light Load Member

Aug 16, 2012
    FL
    Does anyone know anything about Texas Gathering? I am on their notification list whenever they open up positions, and have been receiving some lately. I spoke with someone in HR and was told they pay % and mileage, and that they are hiring because they are still "busy", but that's all I really know. I've seen their trucks over the years, but never spoke with any of their drivers. I'm wondering why they seem to be trucking along, while other companies are in a stand still. So, anyone ever work for them, or know someone who has worked/work for them? Realizing the money will not be like it was the past few years or so, I'm still looking to come back. I just want to make sure, as we all do, that I'm making the best choice in companies. They are not the only company I'm talking with, but one who I'm more interested in. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MattMichigan

MattMichigan Light Load Member

Mar 27, 2008
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    They've been around for several years. Originally was O.G.O. and then one of the partners bought out the other. I've known a handful of drivers there. A close friend's dad that was working there passed away from cancer and the company contributed to the funeral costs. One of the more driver friendly companies out there. Good luck...

4. Haystak88

Aug 16, 2012
    FL
    That says something about the company. I was told they have openings in Corpus, Beaumont, and West Texas. I hope to never go back to West Texas, didn't care for Corpus, but if they have a yard closer to Houston we may have something. I just don't know how busy the Houston area is. I never hear anything going on around there anymore.

5. BigPerm

BigPerm Medium Load Member

I'll say one thing...I suspect they do good maintenence. When I was pushing parts in Midland Tx....they always ordered at least 2 pickup loads of filters at a time.
    Took 1/2 a day to pull the orders.
    FWIW.

6. Malleus2

Malleus2 Light Load Member

Mar 29, 2015
    Do they really have an opening in corpus!?!?!?!?! Im in west tx wasting my time with a crude hauling company out here. really wish I had something lined up so I could quit and go back home to cc... anyways, I'll look into them. Thx

7. Haystak88

Aug 16, 2012
    FL
    I was given an official offer yesterday. I'm still nervous, not trusting the oilfield right now. Currently, I have an offer in ND, and now one in TX. I'm giving myself until Friday to make a decision, which is when I would have to give a two week notice to my current employer. My brain is not computing the reality that the money is not what it was like the past four or five years. I don't know what to do.

8. Malleus2

Mar 29, 2015
    Some drivers are taking home 1.8k per week where im at while im only bringing in 700 -1k. Where in texas were u offered a position?

9. Haystak88

Aug 16, 2012
    FL
    Houston is where I would be working. I'm assuming working between Houston and Beaumont, north and south. I've never worked East of Houston, so don't know what to expect.

10. Haystak88

Aug 16, 2012
    FL
    Who are these drivers working for making $1,800 a week?

11. Malleus2

Mar 29, 2015
    Excalibur in jal nm

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.