Texas oil fields

Discussion in 'Oilfield Trucking Forum' started by RichTrucker2020, Aug 16, 2021.

1. RichTrucker2020

RichTrucker2020 Light Load Member

May 30, 2020
    Looking to take my truck into the oil fields. Maybe in east Texas. I have two years experience pulling tankers. Any company recommendations?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lazer

Lazer Road Train Member

Jan 22, 2017
    WTG(West Texas Gas) they hire power only to a lot of their work. Especially fuel.

4. Dadetrucking305

Dadetrucking305 Heavy Load Member

Sep 15, 2011
    Cibolo,Texas
    I was hauling Frac sand for the last few months up until a couple of weeks ago.It sucks.Lots of standby times at the well and they don’t even pay for it.The guy that parks next to me hauled crude for years here in south Texas and he quit that because he said it was slow and went to haul sand.I tried to warn him but he went ahead and gave it a try but just turned in the sand box trailer after only doing it a month because he realized it’s a lot of time sitting for free.I hear that pneumatic sand haulers are making money though.

Savor the Flavor Thanks this.
  5. RockinChair

RockinChair Road Train Member

Feb 19, 2012
    CC, TX
    I've seen a lot of Sand Rev and sandboxes moving around here lately, haven't seen many pneumatics.

6. Bret1984

Bret1984 Medium Load Member

Mar 4, 2020
    Fort Worth, TX
    I'm pulling a sand can and keeping busy out west.

austinmike and RockinChair Thank this.
  7. Bret1984

Bret1984 Medium Load Member

Mar 4, 2020
    Fort Worth, TX
    As for sand hauling I'm definitely not a big fan of the sand boxes. You can definitely bang out a lot of loads and make good money with Sand Revolution but you need to have a high tolerance for A-holes. There's definitely some attitudes over there unless you are Hispanic and fluent in Spanish in which case you will be right at home. The orientation takes a little longer than what would normally be necessary as it has to be run by someone who is bilingual so everything gets put out in both English and Spanish. Again, interactions are a lot more pleasant in Spanish.

Detmar is a sweet spot. Eveeyone is very friendly, there's a lot of team work going on and some good espirit de corps. We have both boxes and pneumatics. I personally like the pneumatics because we get better load payouts. Yes, it takes longer to unload and there is a bit of physical work involved but I don't have to haul 4+ loads a day to get a decent paycheck at the end of the week. 2 loads a day with the occasional 3rd load for a day gets me over the $2k mark for the week. Which isn't making me rich but it's decent enough money and I'm not killing myself out here. It's an easily manageable workload. Of course if I wanted to stock up on energy drinks and get really ambitious I can step those numbers up and make over $3k a week.

3lopezgene, austinmike and RockinChair Thank this.
  8. truckaholic28

truckaholic28 Bobtail Member

Sep 4, 2021
    Miami, Florida
    Hey Bret, I`m getting my CDL in February with tank and hazmat endorsements, I know Detmar hires drivers all the time, do they hire inexperienced drivers? If so, how much would you think I could make?. Also, what part of Tx are you currently working at? Thanks in advance.

Bret1984 and austinmike Thank this.
  9. SwervinMervin

SwervinMervin Bobtail Member

Dec 26, 2021
    West Chester, PA
    I can tell you one company to stay away from. That company is Kimrad Transport. Their pay isn't anywhere close to what they claim. Plus their trucks are beat to hell and won't ever get their serious issues resolved. You'll do better working for a different outfit.

10. truckaholic28

truckaholic28 Bobtail Member

Sep 4, 2021
    Miami, Florida
    Thanks for the heads up!

11. Deadwood

Deadwood Heavy Load Member

Dec 24, 2016
    One of our crude oil drivers is going over to Sand Rev and claims he’ll earn more in one week than he earned in two hauling crude. He was earning $88,000/year here. What do you think? Added clarification: the driver in question only has eight teeth and has questionable judgment.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.