Texting while driving

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by TehNoob, Oct 9, 2015.

1. TehNoob

TehNoob Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2014
    I'm in a training team phase in my company and my trainer texts while he is driving constantly and set off our lane departure system constantly which sets off a buzzer constantly... So I cant sleep among it being very dangerous. I'm gonna talk to the guy about it but what are your guys thoughts on it? And we are talking like every 15 seconds the buzzer is going off because he is going out of the lines.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    first thought... are you certain about text msgs while driving? maybe there's a slight weeble and a wobble when rolling or some thing else is going on like a sensor going bad.

talk to the person.

4. TehNoob

TehNoob Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2014
    Yeah I watch him do it even when I'm beside him. And I drive the truck too and know it isn't a bad sensor. Yeah I'm going to

5. ethos

ethos Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Houston
    I would certainly talk to him about that, it's your life too in that truck. I wouldn't give him but one chance to change his ways either. Rather ridiculous if you ask me.

77smartin Thanks this.
  6. Salad

Salad Medium Load Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Get a discreet video of him doing it, take it to safety (or email it). He has no business driving a cmv, much less training others to do it if he can't keep his hands off his phone.

7. TehNoob

TehNoob Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2014
    I thought about doing that to have proof in case I decide to tell him I want someone else then the fleet people will probably want proof why they should. The last two days we have had two other trucks do their air horns at us because we almost hit them. How do I know? Because I was sitting in the passenger seat watching him text and watched us swerve. This guy is a accident waiting to happen I know it.

8. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    so what happens when you change lanes, ride to the right, ride to the left, take an on or off ramp? how about city driving, I mean all those corners and stop lights, stop signs and when you back into a whole? what about in the fuel island, entrances and exits?

to be continued

TripleSix Thanks this.
  9. TehNoob

TehNoob Bobtail Member

Mar 10, 2014
    The lane departure disables itself either when you have your turn signal on or if it can't detect two lines beside you.

Longarm Thanks this.
  10. Salad

Salad Medium Load Member

Mar 1, 2015
    If you don't, when he does hurt someone you will have a small part of the blame. You have a chance to take a genuinely unsafe, unprofessional driver out of our profession. It makes us all look bad when one of these texting clowns smashes in to someone or something.

11. dca

dca Road Train Member

May 31, 2011
    Earth
    I think I'd track it down and kill it

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.