Texting while driving

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by TehNoob, Oct 9, 2015.

1. Vilhiem

Vilhiem Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2014
    This is the reason talking doesn't work. It's pretty obvious he's done it before, and likely in front of other trainees. I had hoped that was obvious enough though...

At the same time though, you're also likely not the first person to report it. You could be.

He's well established with himself that he's safe to text and drive. Even applied logic to it.

Ever tried to convince another trucker that his logic is wrong?

...you'd have a better chance of turning a stop sign green by staring at it.

Plus, as I've said before, you don't know the guy. You don't know how confronting will work in your favour.

@TripleSix I hope you weren't thinking I was calling him safe because he didn't hit anything. I drove out to Panama City this week in the dead of night. Could've texted and drove the whole thing and the road was empty. I didn't hit anything because there wasn't much to hit; not because I'm being safe.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    No, lots of people think they are safe drivers because they didn't hit anything.

truckon, Night Prowler and Vilhiem Thank this.
  4. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Talk to him all you want but do you actually think that's going to do any good?I think I would be talking to safety and ask them to route you to the terminal and ask them not to talk to your trainer until you get at the terminal.That way your safe and didn't get dumped in the middle of nowhere.

Vilhiem Thanks this.
  5. matt1502

matt1502 Light Load Member

Nov 13, 2008
    Saratoga Springs, NY
    That's a safety thing?

Vilhiem Thanks this.
  6. Salad

Salad Medium Load Member

Mar 1, 2015
    Yes, you would be surprised what all Safety handled.

7. Vilhiem

Vilhiem Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2014
    You mean to tell me you've never smelled baked, stale urine from a truck stop?

Bud..that #### alone is a safety hazard!

Yeah. That separation seems to hang some folks intelligence.

I always questioned calling yourself safe anyways. It's kind of like saying you're humble.

Not exactly a title you can drop on yourself...

Tell him you recorded it and you'll probably get dumped someplace without a phone.

If it were me I'd be nice enough to leave you with a can of soup and a fresh change of undies. ...but I don't do the texting and driving thing.

8. 1johnb

1johnb Medium Load Member

Jun 13, 2012
    New Paris Ohio
    You don't want to run for a political office do you .I would probably have to cast a ballot your way

Vilhiem and TripleSix Thank this.
  9. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    But you and I would be considered barbaric, racist, bigots, sexist...etc.

Vilhiem Thanks this.
  10. S M D

S M D Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2012
    sacramento ca
    We all text and drive. Doesn't mean its constant but, it's part of life.

Now

Now

By we all I mean the new generation of guys driving trucks I fall into that category as well. Some of us kenwo how to drive between the lanes and some are all over the road. Most of the time those are easy to spot.

11. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    The kenwo had me thrown off for a bit, LOL! Anyway, because one idiot can walk and chew gum, they outlaw chewing gum. And Stupid now qualifies to drive a truck.

Vilhiem Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.