Tforce (ups freight)

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by Buffalonytrucker92, Jun 29, 2021.

1. SidewaysBentHalo

SidewaysBentHalo Medium Load Member

Jun 19, 2016
    I dont frequent the forums much anymore however why would you chose uncertainty in two plus years?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Buffalonytrucker92

Buffalonytrucker92 Medium Load Member

Dec 26, 2015
    western new York

The only thing uncertain is if the union is going to remain there or not. I haven't had the best luck with unions so it leaving maybe a blessing in disguise. As long as I'm home everyday and I get hours I don't care what they want me to do

LtlAnonymous Thanks this.
  4. BeHereNow97

BeHereNow97 Heavy Load Member

Sep 15, 2020
    It's alright, don't be too hard on yourself. Many things in life don't go smoothly or exactly according to plan. What's important is that you rebounded and found a new path, which you seem committed too. For the record I tried out linehaul too and it didn't work out for me (I couldn't handle the messed up sleep schedule). I'm now doing P&D and it's working out a lot better for me now (although there are many parts of driving OTR that I miss too but that's neither here nor there). So don't feel bad, lots of truckers have to try a few different things before they find a good fit for them.

Good luck to you!

5. Buffalonytrucker92

Dec 26, 2015
    western new York

Thanks I appreciate it. It's been a rough three years. I just hope everything changes for the better. And hopefully it's soon. Cause I don't know how much failure and disappointment a guy can take

LtlAnonymous and BeHereNow97 Thank this.
  6. p608

p608 Road Train Member

Nov 10, 2016
    You got a magic 8 ball?

LtlAnonymous and LPjunior1970 Thank this.
  7. Russian Rabbit

Russian Rabbit Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2016
    At the moment, i still think it's a pretty good gig.

In my opinion, your job at Tforce is, in order: Please read carefully.

1) Don't run into anything.

2) Keep the diad up to date no matter what-----this is like your lifeforce.

3) Just do what mommy and daddy (mgmt) wants you to do and play along with their bs and they'll leave you alone. Easy come, easy go.

4) Everything else is secondary----like pickups, which come before deliveries---cos we only care about numbers and money. Don't forget this.
    a) Pickups
    b) THEN, deliveries.

Just work steady, #4 will take care of itself.

8. Buffalonytrucker92

Dec 26, 2015
    western new York

Thanks for the tips. I'm really nervous. Don't wanna mess this awesome opportunity up. I really appreciate it.

SevynsUp and LtlAnonymous Thank this.
  9. im not real sure

im not real sure Light Load Member

Apr 20, 2012
    Athens, GA
    I interviewed with them a couple months ago, actually it was the day they switched to Tforce. You won't get any raises until after the next contract negotiation with the teamsters. Apparently they were having a hard time at hiring drivers at the $17 per hour that's in the contract. They got permission to hire at a higher rate. But you can't get a raise until the contract catches up. Which will be after the next negotiation. They also told me that the pension is gone, for now. The guy that interviewed me actually had to retire from UPS so he would get his pension. Then he was hired by Tforce. He said the hourly employees basically lost their pension. Something about it gets moved to like a 401k. But he said UPS was planning to do away with pensions anyway.

10. Buffalonytrucker92

Dec 26, 2015
    western new York

The hiring manager told me it starts at $25 which is good as long as the hours are there. Also he said the family insurance is $135 which I think is monthly but the driver giving the road test said it was good insurance. I guess I don't mind the pension is gone. As long as their is some kind of match on the 401k. I just wanna get going on my retirement. I'm 28 can't wait any longer. Thank you for all the information.

LtlAnonymous Thanks this.
  11. Northeast Hillbilly

Northeast Hillbilly Light Load Member

Nov 10, 2020
    According to poster a couple spots below your post, the company has already done away with the pension and guys need to pay for their insurance now. They didn't even wait until 2023

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.