Thank You Driver Lights

Discussion in 'Peterbilt Forum' started by slideandride, Feb 18, 2011.

1. slideandride

slideandride Bobtail Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Dillon, MT
    I got it!!!!!!! I was looking inside it today and I tried clipping the A8 wire behind the head light switch like I did in my 2000 an it worked! also the high beams dont flash like they mysteriously did in my 2000. If anyone has a similar truck and would like to do it just look at the five wires coming off the back of the switch and find the one labeled A8 and clip it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Flying Dutchman

Flying Dutchman Road Train Member

Nov 2, 2009
    Northern California
    They sure did. The company did not order them in 1999 which was my year of truck, but 2000-2005 all had the day/night signal switch. Very nice. I cannot locate it in the 2006+ trucks again. Thought maybe the company did without them again, or now wondering if they are gone altogether. But yeah, I tried to do a thank you flash after I moved in front of another truck in a 2007, had to kill the head lights too, which of course made the 4 wheeler in front of me hit the brakes. :biggrin_25510:

4. 379xld

379xld Bobtail Member

May 12, 2008
    Windsor, CA
    My '96 and my '97 do not an interrupt switch nor do any others I know of before they changed the dash in about 2000. Just had the "A", "B" and "C" panels, all the same. Second switch from the left marked clps lights.

5. "Turbo"

"Turbo" Bobtail Member

Aug 13, 2019
    Ok fellas and gals,
    I kinda have the same problem but my trailer flashes the amber side markers but the red ones on the end/back stay on. I was told I could run a jumper at the plug behind my sleeper. "Kinda just short'em all out. Any ideas as to what wire needs jumped?
    I know that I can just swap out the black and blue ones, but I kinda want all of them to blink. 10.4 ???

6. Hawaiian Punch

Hawaiian Punch Bobtail Member

Sep 5, 2021
    [​IMG]
    Can anyone tell me if these headlight positioning is legal

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.