Thanks a pantload for the driver shortage, ELD huggers

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by Timin770, Apr 18, 2022.

1. Lohse

Lohse Bobtail Member

Jun 16, 2022
    Your Mom
    Is there an industry where this isn't the case?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    It's everywhere because we bubble wrapped everything so stupid no longer hurts.

4. Sirscrapntruckalot

Sirscrapntruckalot Road Train Member

If one could fix stupid, there would be a whole lot of people running around wearing duck tape.

[​IMG]

Sirscrapntruckalot -
    [​IMG]

5. rockeee

rockeee Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Kalama, Wa
    Is it really a "fact" that 70 hours is enough time to make plenty of money or just a fact for you. I got no problem with it but different strokes for different folks. I don't know any statistics but has ELD's reduced the number of accidents on the road or just wishful thinking?

Rubber duck kw Thanks this.
  6. tarmadilo

tarmadilo Road Train Member

Dec 12, 2018
    I didn’t bother reading the whole thread, because life is just too short for all that nonsense, but the truth is that every driver raging about ELDs is doing the equivalent of raging about the scissors instead of the barber. You should be whining about the HOS rules. They ain’t going away, and if you can’t make a living following them, maybe it’s time to find a better job.

Lohse and ZVar Thank this.
  7. tarmadilo

Dec 12, 2018
    I’d add that I ran on paper logs for 17 years, and sure, I had to “finesse” them occasionally due to dispatcher errors, but I frankly prefer having an ELD because I no longer have to lie to cover up their incompetence.

jdchet, Lohse and Wasted Thyme Thank this.
  8. 062

062 Road Train Member

Oct 20, 2013
    So you actually go on duty instead of the 2mph roll I see a lot of drivers doing?

Rubber duck kw Thanks this.
  9. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    I go "On Duty" when I login each day. And go "Off Duty" when I'm done. The ELD records when I'm driving and when I'm not. I rarely log off duty or sleeper during my shift. The sooner I hit my 70, the better. I do go out overnight, maybe even 2 days in a row, but resets are always at home.

Lohse and tarmadilo Thank this.
  10. tarmadilo

Dec 12, 2018
    I did for a short time until I realized that the infinitesimal amount of clock time I was saving wasn’t worth the effort. I make full use of yard move, though!

11. 25(2)+2

25(2)+2 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 18, 2006
    the road less travelled
    Less than 5 mph, low idle in 4th. Keeps me from bumping the 14 so often. Especially if I have trouble hooking up.

It doesn't amount to much, but just touching any limit triggers a violation.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.