Thanks alot TMC

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Wildhorse07, Dec 11, 2008.

1. BIGBOITRUCKIN'

BIGBOITRUCKIN' Light Load Member

Jan 13, 2007
    MiSSiSSiPPi
    Yea i agree times are slow, and with me just getting into flat recently i still can c the up's and down. And with my company already being under the radar along with National News, and losing customer due to out of service driver's we 're really struggling to get a preplan these days... But i'm staying put for now.
    I read in Trucker News Magazine if am not mistaken;that this year (2008) companies that are still rolling and in business have seen a lower turnover rate year to date... "Turnovers are down,a driver now a days is not jumping company to company right now because of the sluggish Econmy" so satying put might be helpfull...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. eckz

eckz <strong>"Radio Rambo"</strong>

Sep 15, 2007
    Detroit, Michigan
    I am not blaming you. Rough times are upon us, it's going to get worse before it gets better. I doubt you'll do better anywhere else at this point, EVERYONE is slow.

4. GATROR06

GATROR06 Light Load Member

Sep 21, 2006
    Akron, ohio

Let me just say this with all the respect in the world! Dont walk back to TMC RUN Back!!! This coming year is gonna be tough and I dont care what you are pulling! 500 a week is better then sitting at home! We are all gonna sit more then we are used to. We are all gonna make less money! if you can get 500 a week you can survive! I made close to 70k last year but am looking for a job today because we slowed to the point that most of us in our comapny are lucky to work 3 days aweek! I can take a layoff but then i will be getting about 250per week. Im used to being home every weekend and most times a night through the week. This year Im looking at staying out two weeks at a time just in hopes of makeing 500 to 600 per week. We all hope it gets better and we all want to make the money we are used to but this year I dont see it happening!
    If TMC will take you back, again I would run! They are a solid company and if anyone can survive this economy they will. this is just my opinion my friend!!

Good luck
    Gator

5. Wildhorse07

Wildhorse07 Bobtail Member

Dec 11, 2008
    missouri
    If a employee's revenue has dropped close to 50% and there is no work they can layoff a number of people to legally collect unemployment until things pick back up. Its a pride issue with them of looking bad. Let new recruits run loads with low pay while learning to drive. Let the guys that have busted there ### get a break until the industry pick's back up. The lesson I'm starting to learn is truck drivers have learned to accept getting screwed all the time. We are not property, we are Americans and deserve some respect. Everytime a wreck is on the road and a tractor trailer is involved its the drivers fault until proven otherwise. To get hired its like applying for the F.B.I. This industry needs some major overhaul or its going to lose alot of good hard working drivers. I was off now for around 3 weeks and scored a local driving job that guarantee's $800 week. I'm not lazy wanting to sit on my butt milking the system but it is what it is. Give drivers the chance to find better work to support there families during these hard times. If a company is suffering its not are fault. New drivers be prepared, you are always to blame.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2008
  6. sewerman

sewerman Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2008
    westville indiana
    I hope your local job don't dry up. it's 1981 1982 all over

I AM A FLATBEDDER, I TRAVEL WITH ALL EQUIPMENT NECCESSARY. CHAINS (FOR THE UNRULEY ONES), STRAPS (FOR THE SEMI-UNRULEY ONES), AND TARPS (FOR THE ONES NOT TO BE SEEN WITH YOU)!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.