Thanks for the info on CRST

Discussion in 'CRST' started by Babiarz5y, Jan 23, 2012.

1. doored88

doored88 Light Load Member

Apr 25, 2012
    soory ray idk why you giving me crap but you thought wrong and every company makes you do orientation common sense .........ive talked to us,usa,schenider,swift,cr,crst,tmc,mavrick,conway all of them said they will hire you if you are a grad student, except swift cr and crst because they hire anyone and put them there school........ive been digging in this for 2 months every since i got my cdl

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Female Driver

Female Driver Medium Load Member

Dec 9, 2011
    Midwest
    I *think* that when they said you'd have to be trained by them, they're just talking about orientation type training, not get-your-CDL type training.

4. doored88

doored88 Light Load Member

Apr 25, 2012
    geez did not know there was code talk and i did type training on here before ......

5. Ray1547

Ray1547 Bobtail Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Prince Frederick,Md
    Doored. Vs Roehl they told me everything that was in the post on a previous page. They require (I think) only 3 months of experience but I feel certain you will be in a lead driver/trainee position for awhile after a few days of orientation-- which is to be expected. I don't have any CDL as yet and am committed to going to CRST after which I will commit to 8 months including up to 2 weeks of OTR at 22 CPM. After that 2 weeks I will be given more CPM and be committed to the contract---Assuming all goes as planned!--lol!

6. Professional-Trucker

Professional-Trucker Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2011
    California
    Well ray, hate to break it to ya but it ain't that cut n dry. 3. Weeks of school, 4 day orientation, 28 with trainer, 2 weeks with a co, 4 days off at home...........then, you get your perm status with a tractor and co.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2012
  7. Ray1547

Ray1547 Bobtail Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Prince Frederick,Md
    I don't know what you are abbreviating vs "cal mil" (Cattle mill?) Pro and I am going into this eyes wide open. That said I can't tell for sure which company you work for by your post!--lol! Be aware though that I have been self employed in construction for longer than you have been breathing and I am doing this driver thing because I am tired of sitting around so if I am going to sit I might as well take in the sights and get pd for it. I like to work Pro but I am done with construction and having employees!! Note too I did say ASSUMING all goes as planned! I wish you success in your career.

8. Professional-Trucker

Oct 31, 2011
    California
    I meant cdl mill. That's awesome you're leaving the construction thing..trucking is much better work in my opinion. Back breaking labor I leave for the mule.

9. Ray1547

Ray1547 Bobtail Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Prince Frederick,Md
    Yeah Pro--I like traveling the roads and seeing different areas and I always did like stopping by truck stops for the food. I haven't been in 1 for decades! I'm not in it to get rich as all I want to do is keep reasonably busy and make a few $ instead of sitting around watching the idiot box spending $ to park my RV. I am full time RV so relocating is no issue U C.

10. Professional-Trucker

Oct 31, 2011
    California
    Thats great, but if you are not in it strictly for the money you wont last longer than one year, cause the stuff gets old....ya know. When you first start, the stuff is new and exciting....then you think to yourself that this here job better be worth the time and effort i put into it every day.....as in i better be making at least $$$$ every week.:biggrin_25516:

11. Ray1547

Ray1547 Bobtail Member

Apr 26, 2012
    Prince Frederick,Md
    Maybe so Pro but I know me and I never get tired of being on the road. If I like it I will get my own rig and hit the road pretty much whenever I get the itch! I understand the pressure thing many drivers feel but things like getting caught up in traffic and dealing with unreasonable expectations coming from a company dispatcher are no big deal to me. Stay safe!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.