Thanksgiving plans?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by TheLoadOut, Nov 21, 2020.

1. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    my better half and I did Thanksgiving yesterday as usual and had a 3 day weekend, if I take Thanksgiving off it screws up my whole week and I get my pick of the best freight this way .

Tug Toy, Dennixx and Lumper Humper Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    Both plants we are dedicated carriers for are working Thursday but are then off until Monday. The boss hasn't told us our schedule, but if it's anything like last year, all 8 drivers will work Thanksgiving Day, then one driver for each plant will be on-call until Monday. I don't mind that plan. I was on-call last year and wasn't needed.

It's just the wife and I and we've already ordered our dinner from the local BBQ joint. Smoked ribs, smoked chicken, collards, baked corn, cornbread dressing, and banana pudding.

4. iceman32

iceman32 Medium Load Member

Sep 26, 2014
    Well my thanksgiving plans are ruined. Sysco Jackson WI. Arrived 1hr before appointment, took them 2hrs to get me a door then another 3hrs to get off 2 pallets. TWO PALLETS. Now the rest of my stops are behind schedule, had to cancel a booked load going home.

Chicagoland or Nevada, ima get me a professional for thanksgiving, so I’m not mad at all.

5. IH Truck Guy

IH Truck Guy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2008
    Purgatory
    Just me and the wife this year.
    Stuffed cornish hens on the grill and then
    Dueling computers and see which one of us can buy the most ammo on black friday. :D:D:D

striker and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  6. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    our queen dictator governor has basically ordered the state to not have anyone over for a large gathering. keep it small she says at or about no more than 5 people.

so that is easy for us to obey

we are just a small family, so only 18 of us..???

screw her and her dictatorship rules in MY HOUSE.

7. MACK E-6

MACK E-6 Moderator Staff Member

Sep 19, 2005
    Baltimore, MD
    Our manatee in the Governor’s mansion graced us with his presence on the radio today to inform everyone as to the hotline people you can call to report non-compliance with government orders.

:rolleyes:

Tug Toy and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  8. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    The answer you seek is in my avatar. :D

D.Tibbitt Thanks this.
  9. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Sorry for ur luck sir

Tug Toy and iceman32 Thank this.
  10. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    We lost Easter. My daughter and her family stayed at her house, my mother-in-law alone, and me and my wife by ourselves. It sucked big time. We aren't giving up Thanksgiving nor Christmas on top of it. We will be together (it's 8 if my son-in-laws brother doesn't come over, then it'll be 12), but by God we will have dinner and family time.

Tug Toy and D.Tibbitt Thank this.
  11. Voyager1968

Voyager1968 Road Train Member

Sep 11, 2008
    Phoenix, AZ
    I hope those who rat out their neighbors don't ever need them in an emergency. I'm the kind of neighbor who wouldn't forget that crap, and they would be treated accordingly.

Hey "Voyager", can you help me out? My car's broke down and I need a ride to the store. My response would be You don't say. Remember last Thanksgiving when I got cited? Well, good luck, I can't help you...

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.