I live in upstate NY and run the NE. I could go home every other day if I wanted, hell could probably go home every day. But I stay out for four to five days then go home for two to three days. Where do you live?
THE ADVENTURES CONTINUE - DFO gets a truck and hops on Schneider's IC Choice Program
Discussion in 'Schneider' started by dieselfuelonly, Nov 1, 2013.
Page 269 of 388
-
-
Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds
Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.
-
between now and the 12th, there are 73 shipments within 50 miles of where you live going out, and 27 coming back in......and for a holiday weekend, that's pretty strong. I live in a fairly crappy freight lane, and, if I wanted to, could be home every weekend. It just takes a few months to weeks to figure it out. But, bottom line, you'd be fine.popcorn169 Thanks this.
-
I live between Roanoke and Martinsville VA.
I run a lot up in the NE and after I got used to it I don't mind it.
I work for a window company now delivering windows and I have to unload it by hand. It gets hot in the trailers and I look like I went thru a car wash when I get done at each stop so that is getting old and my goal is to eventually own my own truck. So maybe this is a good start. -
Thanks for the information I thought I lived in a crappy lane also but maybe it is not as bad as I thought.
I would like to see the load board but I guess I can't but I am going to ask for a snapshot of the loads in and out of my area as someone stated before.
The recruiter who I looked back and found out her name is Andrea should be back from vacation next week and I will question her to death then.
Just hope that I don't flub up the interview with SFI. -
You should be fine in that area. You can pick up at global spring or Hanes Brand in martinsville. For in bound loads you can drop in Lynchburg or south boston.knuckledragger, popcorn169 and EggoTrucker Thank this.
-
Thanks that is what I was hoping for a place around here to start out and a place to finish up.
-
-
If you haven't already, you might think about reposting these questions in the 'Owner/Operator' section of this Forum. Might come across a few seasoned veterans who have been in the same position you are. (Personally, I only listen to the positive/successful business owners and ignore the rest.) Good luck!
-
Anyone that chooses to go to big island should have their head checked out.EggoTrucker, Old - School, rickybobby and 1 other person Thank this.
-
It's not that bad, it's a nice quiet slow ride pissin off all the cars stacked up behind you, just pulled 1 out of there a few days ago down to NC
stevep1977 Thanks this.
Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds
Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.
Page 269 of 388