THE ADVENTURES MK III - Still doing it my way

Discussion in 'Schneider' started by dieselfuelonly, Nov 5, 2014.

1. atruckr

atruckr Road Train Member

May 14, 2011
    Victorville CA
    Good luck DFO! You can always be a writer too! I know you have heard this before, but you have a talent and are very good at putting thoughts down on paper in a way that amusing and interesting to read.. Best of luck dude! Stay in touch..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Box of Tj

Box of Tj Light Load Member

Nov 22, 2014
    sad to see you go, but glad you're doing better! I know the struggle. Not personally, but my wife has anxiety. I learned a lot from your threads, from starting out with SNI, and now to my pursuit of IC. Stay strong, man.

dieselfuelonly Thanks this.
  4. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    Ok dude. Update time. how goes it after what 2 weeks on the new med?

dieselfuelonly Thanks this.
  5. moosc

moosc Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2009
    Lincolnton NC
    Congrats on the new gig... Have fun

dieselfuelonly and 91B20H8 Thank this.
  6. mickimause

mickimause Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2014
    Central Michigan
    Glad to hear from you again!

Imma throw out there that you have my number, too, if you need a different perspective on things.

Keep on keepin' on! :)

dieselfuelonly, popcorn169 and 91B20H8 Thank this.
  7. dieselfuelonly

dieselfuelonly Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2012
    Chapel Hill, NC
    The Paxil has worked great for me. I really have zero issues with it right now and it feels like my life is back to a much more normal state and is no longer a constant battle with anxiety. We've been working the past few weeks in Charlotte removing old heating oil tanks and I've been hauling the excavator and contaminated dirt out of crappy tight little neighborhoods that I would normally worry over days before we even got there.

Thanks moosc. I don't think just dump truck driving will be something I will stick with long-term, the pay just isn't there. But, my neighbor who runs it talks about retiring at some point and so there may be some business opportunities down the road... who knows. Been having fun with it, though hopefully that's the last of the two-hour-away-from-home jobs we work on for a while. Sore as can be right now. It's nice having a good person as a boss... I managed to push up against one of those little stone paver retaining walls going around a "wiggle back and fourth corner" in a driveway and didn't catch it in time in the mirror and couldn't feel it in low gear with 4.88 rear ends. Tire pushed one of the pavers out of the way and the next one didn't give and tore the sidewall. Whoops. I think I was more pissed about it than the boss man... **** happens he says. Think SNI would have put that down as an accident on a DAC report? I bet they would in a heartbeat, lol.

Thanks micki, hope you've been doing well. 'bout time to get busy again with that propane, huh? Then again it's probably already snowing up there.

88 Alpha, 91B20H8 and rickybobby Thank this.
  8. TennMan

TennMan Road Train Member

Sep 21, 2011
    Hazzard County Jail !!!!!
    DFO I'm glad you're happy.

Keep doing what's best for your long term health.

Put a driver in your truck and use it to earn for you.

9. Ketchikan baby

Ketchikan baby Light Load Member

Jul 17, 2015
    Glad to hear you're doing well. It's too bad the big trucking companies have to load so much anxiety on their drivers over things that are actually small in the whole scheme of things. SNI lost a good driver over it.

91B20H8, mickimause and dieselfuelonly Thank this.
  10. dieselfuelonly

dieselfuelonly Road Train Member

Nov 12, 2012
    Chapel Hill, NC
    To be fair, none of what Schneider did lead to anxiety for me. I have dealt with it all my life, the stresses and lifestyle I was living while trucking probably didn't help things either. I plan to get back to trucking at some point, still got my truck. Doesn't cost me much to keep it around, might as well finish paying it off and put it to work when I'm ready. Another driver in my truck is a good idea Tennman, unfortunately the only driver I trust in my truck is myself.

Ketchikan baby and mickimause Thank this.
  11. mickeyrat

mickeyrat Road Train Member

Nov 24, 2011
    on my 30 min break
    Gives you plenty of time to get the sunroof leak fixed.

and search for a really good flooring idea.

having time on my hands , I was thinking (dangerous I know), the hardwood floor or similar and keep it clean with a swiffer/wetjet?

91B20H8 and mickimause Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.