The American Trucker language

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by KapiPL, Jun 29, 2008.

1. Working Class Patriot

Working Class Patriot Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    Heh, that's like when I used to run dumps and the foremen would overload the bed. I'd say something about the load being a little heavy and they would tell me that it was my problem. I would say "Oh, see this button here? It's my pto switch, and do you see this lever, that's the hoist."

They would say "Well, what's that got to do with anything?" I'd say "watch" and boom, the load was back on the ground. They didn't over load me again:biggrin_25523:

Lurchgs and Muleskinner Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. PaymentPlan

PaymentPlan Bobtail Member

Jun 20, 2008
    Monroe,MI
    Thanks Guy's :biggrin_2559: LOL from your post and I know there true because I have Been there (unloading) LOL use to think you were ALL jacka** but now I think you just know how to get what you need done.

4. Muleskinner

Muleskinner <strong>"Shining Beacon of Chickenlights"</strong>

LOL...Been there,done that except you were meaner about it than me,you dumped the whole load......I'd pop my gate ,get a little run backwards and shag off a bit and re weigh.....I ran coal down to a factory that had it's own steam generator for awhile and this place was...how would you say this nicely,VERY affirmative action oriented I think would put it best.....Anyway,the drill was you would pull in there,the loader hand was supposed to be on stand by and out of the way and you stopped after you dumped at the office for a lady to sign your ticket..not supposed to be a big deal and in and out in 5 minutes(which is how they then dispatched you.A quick turn around)..The loader hand was to lazy to park away from the chute because he would have had to walk another 50 feet to get inside and jive around with his buddies, so I would end up walking 40 acres of steel looking for his worthless butt to get him to move the loader before I could dump....I did this three times a day everyday for awhile(I was the only driver taking care of this contract at the time) and 50% of the time he had me blocked....I pulled in there with a case of red ### about something else and there sat that bums loader right in the way.....I backed right up to it,dropped my bags and popped my gate and just completely covered the left wheels,tires and steps,pulled out,got my ticket signed and left.I figured to get a call any second to bring the truck in,but I went and got my second load and took it back.When I pulled in,loader dummy had a couple of dorks standing there watching him move that coal with a skid steer trying to dig his loader out and one was his boss(who I'd never seen).I started backing in and he shut me down and I figured here was where they would tell me my services were no longer needed....He said "Are you the one that buried my loader?" ...I said"Sure did and I'm fixin' to do it again,I've been telling that lazy butthole for a long time that it was his job to keep my way clear and I've walked my last step looking for him and that includes if you want me back here or not,either way I'm done looking for his shiftless ###"....He laughed real hard and said if I'd hang out for a few more minutes they would get the loader clear and I wouldn't have to worry about that dude anymore because he was going back on the line and the next guy would do better.And he did.I was shocked to say the least,that a company took a lowly drivers side against there company man.

5. Working Class Patriot

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    I'd rather get "fired" then get an overload ticket:biggrin_255:

6. Working Class Patriot

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    Most of those guys couldn't tell whether I was over-loaded or not to include the DOT
    I don't know how many times I was pulled over hauling broke and had to explain it was mostly "air":biggrin_2559:

7. Muleskinner

LMAO...The puffed wheat theory huh??:biggrin_25523:

8. KapiPL

KapiPL Bobtail Member

What means word "lizzard"? I saw one topic with this word..

9. Muleskinner

A lizard is a working girl who works mostly truck stops,rest areas(aka.Pickle Parks because of a lot of homosexual activity) and truck pull offs....These girls are also known as Lot Lizards,Recreational Reptiles and a lot of less endearing names.They are very persistant and have no problem with beating on your door 24/7.

KapiPL Thanks this.
  10. Working Class Patriot

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    Add to that, they will still solicit drivers even when their wives are in the cab or walking with them in the lot.:yes2557:

KapiPL and Muleskinner Thank this.
  11. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    Decking: When a trailer is divided (decked) with a lower and upper floor --- usually constructed with cross bars and plywood sheets.

It can be broken down to reconfigure the different load requirements.
    I used to load motorcycles that way.
    About 20 --- 25 bikes on the floor and 20 or so more on the top "deck".

And,....................
    WELCOME to The Truckers' Report, KapiPL! :wav:

KapiPL and JolliRoger Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.