The American Trucker language

Discussion in 'Questions To Truckers From The General Public' started by KapiPL, Jun 29, 2008.

1. KapiPL

KapiPL Bobtail Member

Thank's for the answers.
    What means Chcicken Truck? Because i heard a song with title "chicken truck" and sometimes on this forum you are using tis.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Working Class Patriot

Working Class Patriot Road Train Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Wherever and Whenever...
    Lurch, I run OR quite bit. Most of the scales close early especially those on rural routes. Does it matter though? If you run clean, no worries.

4. Muleskinner

Muleskinner <strong>"Shining Beacon of Chickenlights"</strong>

Big hood Pete or KW,LOTS of lights,chrome,stainless steel,gadgets and CLEAN!!!REAL CLEAN.Check out Cybergirls sig pic...that'll give you an idea of what a chicken truck looks like

KapiPL Thanks this.
  5. Passin Thru

Passin Thru Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2007
    VA
    It is not 73s. You're a LID. It's 73. Otherwise it would be 73ses and a lid is a poor operator. KI$BDS

6. Passin Thru

Passin Thru Road Train Member

Mar 8, 2007
    VA
    I had the opposite thing happen, pulled in with a load of cattle on a 300 mile run and the guy said "WHERE THE HELL YOU BEEN FOR THE LAST 5 DAYS" I was so shocked I told him everywhere I'd been. Turned out he had the wrong truck and was loking for a load from the east coast. I was just laughing at him and he could'nt figure why. He was hot and called the CO and cussed at them and we were innocent.

Muleskinner Thanks this.
  7. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California

A "chicken truck" is usually a Big truck with a LOT of lights (chicken lights) and polished aluminum. A "fine ride" because it looks so good.

I think the description "chicken truck" originated because many of those drivers with nice trucks hauled frozen chicken and drove fast.

Those Big trucks are also known as "rooster cruisers" or "cluck-cluck trucks".

KapiPL and Muleskinner Thank this.
  8. Biker

Biker Medium Load Member

Jun 14, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    Hmmmm. I always heard the drivers called Brokers with those.. They have so many lights, they go broke keeping them all lit.

Working Class Patriot and KapiPL Thank this.
  9. Muleskinner

Muleskinner <strong>"Shining Beacon of Chickenlights"</strong>

Guys/Gals who run chicken trucks have to really LOVE trucks too....They are a total pain to keep clean and a bigger pain to keep everything working right on one....the law of averages gets you....A truck with 5 cablights,headlights and just the minimum lights that DOT requires are a piece of cake ,but even they can be a nightmare at times....Add another 150 lights and you can see where the love has to be.:biggrin_2559:

KapiPL Thanks this.
  10. AfterShock

AfterShock Road Train Member

Sep 19, 2007
    Inland Empire, California
    :biggrin_2559: YeAH!
    When will the industry go to solar powered lights? :biggrin_25523:

11. KapiPL

KapiPL Bobtail Member

I like truck's with many lights :)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.