The average cost of a full-service lease

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Snowgoer, Apr 1, 2019.

1. Snowgoer

Snowgoer Bobtail Member

Sep 12, 2018
    So I'm trying to figure out what the global average is it for all in all included lease everyone figures this out differently.mock by mileage by this Friday. But I would like to know what was the average cost of leasing a truck full maintenance tires and every thing per mouth

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigdad7

bigdad7 Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2010
    ks
    I pay Penske 600 a week plus 12 cpm when I rent a spare

4. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    Boss is paying $3200 plus 7 cpm for new Volvo’s. Full maintenance lease.

5. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Which is $227,000 on a 5 year lease based on 100k miles per year.

A lot of those leases include a residual pay out at the end too.

The other thing those leases will include, depending how they're structured, is a yearly ascending cpm rate.

uncleal13 Thanks this.
  6. uncleal13

uncleal13 Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Humboldt, Sk
    Yup, not cheap. He did it as Volvo around here has a some what slow service department. With the full service lease they guarantee back on the road within 24 hours, or they supply him with a replacement truck until his is up and running.

Northeasterner and Scooter Jones Thank this.
  7. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    I looked into it a while back. Evidently it matters how long that you have already been in business. When I first went into business I looked at We-Lease and I had no business experience or credit so they wanted $8,000 down, $1,000 a week and a certain cpm for maintenance.

These places like We-Lease, Ryder, Penske all require at least 1 year in business for a full service Lease. Renting a truck to go down to Joes house and back doesn't require anything except a CDL. They are not gonna let you just waltz right in there and take on a Full service lease without some form of payment. You show up with $15,000 cash in hand I'm sure they will forget about that 1 year BS.

Look I'm not trying to burst your bubble but I have been there. You can take $15,000 and invest in something far better than trucking. Trucking today is flip-flops, Tank Top, Automatic Trucks, and see who can drive the rate to bottom the fastest.

8. Scooter Jones

Scooter Jones Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Tec Equipment, which is a fairly large Volvo/Mack entity, is not interested in one, two man operations when it comes to their full maintenance/lease program.

9. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    Considering new trucks today cost $150-180k or more. When you add in maint, repairs, tires, etc. $227k is about the same a new truck would of wound up costing anyway. (But then he would have owned and had for trade or sale)

10. bigdad7

bigdad7 Road Train Member

Jun 6, 2010
    ks
    I have been considering going to full service leasing too it looks like even if it costs an extra 7 thousand a year it sure does take a lot of risk out of the equation

highwayMike, DTM and uncleal13 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.