The begining (so far so good)

Discussion in 'Transport America' started by Buddha, Jul 24, 2007.

1. ssbowles

ssbowles Heavy Load Member

Sep 27, 2007
    High Desert,CA
    Are you going to Indy or Ontario for orientation?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dester

Dester Bobtail Member

Mar 3, 2010
    To Indy, thanks.

4. ssbowles

ssbowles Heavy Load Member

Sep 27, 2007
    High Desert,CA
    In that case I couldn't tell you much about the hotel then. Ontario I could maybe answer a few questions....
    Anyway, welcome to Squire and good luck to you...:biggrin_25514:

5. Dester

Dester Bobtail Member

Mar 3, 2010
    Thanks anyway, I'll find out soon enough. Hope to see you out there.

6. Buddha

Buddha Bobtail Member

Jul 24, 2007
    Rock Island, Il
    ok... First rafeal is a great guy... He is alittle bit ok a big smart ### and there are reasons for it. Simple if you can't stand the heat from him then you are going to have a hard time dealing with some of the cust. The hotel is nice... It isn't a ###### trucker motel. As far as cash for the week I'd say 100. But I say that for everything. Now it doesn't happen often but at least be prepared to go out on the road from orent. The hotel does not have a kitchen type thing going on as far as I remember. If you like please call ben or raf. And ask em for my number and feel free to call me... Buddha aka josh they know who I am... Or shoot more here.

7. nadolap

nadolap Bobtail Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Was Transport America A good experience or Bad?

Last edited: Apr 8, 2010
  8. nadolap

nadolap Bobtail Member

Apr 4, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    New, getting CDL out of Indianapolis, looking at Schneider, US Xpress, Transport America, talked to Schneider about possible Tanker driver. they are hiring student grads, anybody know anything about tanker divisions? pros cons for some reason it appeals to me. I know fluid can swish around. Does it pay different? Don't want to mess with flatbeds, tarps and all.:biggrin_25522:

9. Dester

Dester Bobtail Member

Mar 3, 2010
    Thanks Buddha, I still have until Monday to get all of the particulars, just anxious I guess. I've already called RV a few too many times already, (haha) but once I talked to the folks there I didn't want to go anywhere else. Not real good at hiding my enthusiasm!:eek:)

10. Buddha

Buddha Bobtail Member

Jul 24, 2007
    Rock Island, Il
    well I'll be there monday.... I'm testing out a student that day... So say hi

11. Buddha

Buddha Bobtail Member

Jul 24, 2007
    Rock Island, Il
    I don't know much about tankers.... Except that they swish. Squire is out of indy as well.... And I'm not sure but last I hears t/a closed their student program... If they re opened it it's a great program. But so are we.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.