The central scam

Discussion in 'Central Refrigerated' started by SINGLETRUCKER, Nov 29, 2010.

1. MissGG

MissGG Bobtail Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Are you working for Central now?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. truckermarine

truckermarine Bobtail Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Phoenix, Arizona

I actually have never driven for Central. I had a friend that drove for them that said he liked them, but that was a year and a half ago. I was working for a different company when they did that to me.

MissGG Thanks this.
  4. Tennessee Trucker

Tennessee Trucker Heavy Load Member

Aug 17, 2011
    Winchester,Tn.
    I don't agree with you there, if you were training at any other job you would be treated like a human being not an animal, In my younger years when I was training to work on the river they put us up in a nice hotel with one to a room, its just central are cheap ########.

5. Black Knight

Black Knight Bobtail Member

May 25, 2012
    What company is not Cheap? The bottom line , for them is, profit. That is what they are in business for. Let us work our end, to make a decent pay check, and let them work to make a profit. As long as they make their profit, the rest have a job. Not their job to take care of us, ours is to work to get that pay check. If you want more, then make your own business.

Sam Hell Thanks this.
  6. Cranky Yankee

Cranky Yankee Cranky old ######

Jan 31, 2012
    Green Bay Wi
    the only bad thing i saw in this post was the hotel rooms. the rest is just learning to manipulate the company to your advantage. EVERY trucking company has it's ddrawbacks otherwise drivers would not switch carriers so often. I guess the only other thing I noticed was at least at Transam we see new equipment with apu's inverters etc.
    It seems to me establishing a working relationship with your FM is essential to success I can't do any better then the loads I am given to deliver

7. ramkatral

ramkatral Heavy Load Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Tryon, NC
    People complain about hotel rooms all the time. I just say: Try the Marine Corps.

8. montanajellyman

montanajellyman Light Load Member

Feb 4, 2012
    Billings, MT
    LOL I agree with you Ram; I drive for Central and while I might HATE this Volvo it always gets its maint. I stop by a term and they run it through the bay.
    As for the sleeping arrangments, well they are for sleeping and while they are far below my standards if I was paying for it. I wasn't and if someone can't deal with the sleeping arrangments at the school. Guess what, the sleeper in your truck is far less than those rooms.

anyway..... Welcome to Trucking

9. Sam Hell

Sam Hell Light Load Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Amen to that

Jarhed1964 Thanks this.
  10. AceKing

AceKing Bobtail Member

Apr 8, 2013
    Dms can't force you to do anything illegal. That's what repowers are for. You sound like you had very high expectations.I've been with central almost 2 years and I've never waited on a load. As an o/o I have more to lose than you do and I have done ok. Gotten home when needed.

Centrals not a bad company, but if you're llooking for the perfect company, you're going to be looking for a very long time as no company is perfect.

Safari Joe and roadlt Thank this.
  11. Wickedfire77

Wickedfire77 Road Train Member

Mar 3, 2013
    Northern, Michigan
    So, Aceking, you bought your own truck from the outside? or did you buy it from Central? Just wondering. Thanks for everyone's insight on here.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.