The Cryo Hauler Thread

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Cali kid, Mar 16, 2023.

1. viper822004

viper822004 Medium Load Member

Jul 25, 2014
    DFW
    Air Products in Santa Fe Springs is hiring local drivers.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Cali kid

Cali kid Road Train Member

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    Like others have said check the majors. But yes I do know AirProducts is hiring, might want to look at Messer as well.
    Oh and if your interested in compressed hydrogen Pilot actually does that as well delivering to stations.
    Also got the third party guys like KAG, LGT,Genox.

4. haz-matguru

haz-matguru Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2012
    I would stay as far away from messer (they are a mess) as possible. They have new drive cams with the AI technology. And have fired over 100 drivers. I couldn't work at a place like that

I started with Linde, but Linde sold 98% of there terminals to messer. So that linde could merge with praxair. Then its like the B/S started out of no where. But to hear that my former coworkers with 17 yrs, 21 yrs, and 12 yrs driving for the company have all been fired is crazy to me.

AP, & LIN/Prax are the best out of the top 5 cryo companies. Other than that I would say LGT, US cryo, and a few other 3rd party cryo companies are ok. Because the 3rd party carriers don't have cameras

5. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    I hope it backfires on them.
    Good drivers are kinda hard to find now days.
    Maybe upper management, the one's who ok'ed that technology can make the required deliveries.

6. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    What they need to do is stop firing people people at the drop of a hat for asinine crap. A 10 year veteran driver with a perfect record gets fired for not putting cones down while backing up 2 feet. Another driver with 19 years and a perfect driving record gets fired for taking off his seat belt and adjusting it while driving. There was talk, before I left, that they were going to go back to having the teams follow and watch the drivers again. I'm a great driver and I take pride in my work and my driving, but this added more stress to my day than any other job that I have had. I had 5 cameras on my truck.

7. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    There is a Messers yard about 35 miles from me. They have a hard time keeping drivers. Always advertising their "home daily" spiel. But they say a drivers annual pay at $75,000. Some guys hauling chickens make that.

8. lual

lual Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2020
    SW Georgia

:biggrin_2559:.....

Bin-go!!! You've pretty much nailed it.

In my part of the world--with most comparisons, I can do better money-wise, hauling fuel. :scratch:

And the safety depts at the fuel delivery companies don't seem (mostly) to have the same "Gestapo" mentality towards their drivers....:dontknow:

--Lual

9. Cali kid

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA
    Only forgot about the biggest player in the game Airgas/Air Liquide!

10. Cali kid

Feb 15, 2011
    IE, CA

Money I’ve made in cryo blows the doors off when I hauled fuel and way less back breaking. OT after 8hrs double after 12!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.