The Dump in mass

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by BackwoodsGA, Apr 27, 2020.

1. buddyd157

buddyd157 Road Train Member

May 25, 2017
    under a shade tree
    never heard of that one, but the was the Dutch Inn/deli, on 301(??) in MD..?????

don't know if it is still there. been like since the 1990's since i been down that way..

i just googled it, no longer there.

650cat425 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Im sorry, i was too brief.

To answer your question, I don't think so. They probably order from Sysco.

Anyway. The Dutch Country refers to a greater Lancaster PA area where the Amish are. There are two factions of them. All of whom descended from 80 Swiss families who came to America before there was a Pennsylvania to escape persecution among other religious political problems there in that era 300 years ago.

They have built a industry for tourists, for example the Strasburg Railroad which was a working freight line for its own living, was also able to haul families and children for daytrips in good weather. (Winter too. but depending) They built a reputation for good home food. Made the old way. Used to take your weight when you came in to the diner. Sit down, eat the meal, weigh going out. The bill given to you reflects the few pounds you gained. Since everything is rates by weight in shipping etc for profit. (The VA still weights salad for which you pay plus a markup)

It might take a day for them to put together a meal. When you show up in the big truck you know you are fixing not to be hungry for a day.

Ive visited everywhere else and enyoyed their foods too. I am not a foodie per se, just need a proper meal that will let me WORK unloading that trailer twice daily and drive a thousand miles in between.

If I ate like that today I would be dead from obesity or diabetes in a few years. I know not to eat like that too much. Maybe one meal daily. Once a month we fix something special for morale purposes and to celebrate where we come from.

4. Studebaker Hawk

Studebaker Hawk Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2010
    NW Indiana
    Google has become the biggest prostitute in internet history. Unless they get some revenue from what ever comes up on the search, you are likely not going to see it.

x1Heavy, clausland and kemosabi49 Thank this.
  5. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    There are workarounds. Not much but some.

I dared my ex to find me online as a game. A few ssearches later there I was. UGH.

Contacted Axiom in Little Rock who retains ALL, as in ALL records of EVERY American, living and dead since the Nation's founding and they sell data all over. I got a opt out form from them and considered it carefully.

One signature would have erased my electronic life up to that point. In those days I valued my credit. HOWEVER I wonder if it is possible to essentially short circut the credit system by presenting myself as a better risk withut any credit history?

Just a abstract exercise in what if. Wpuldnt that throw a snag into everything.

6. BackwoodsGA

BackwoodsGA Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Elgin Nd
    I've gotten sandwiches in that area that I'd make 2 meals outta.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.