The Flu

Discussion in 'Driver Health' started by Dave_in_AZ, Dec 16, 2017.

1. Dave_in_AZ

Dave_in_AZ Road Train Member

May 4, 2015
    Water is best. Fruit juice is very sugary, except grape & cranberry.
    The whole fruit is where it's at.
    All the vitamins, minerals, and anti oxidants in the universe.

It's a great habit to get into for starving trainees as well.
    5 each apples, oranges, pears for about $5 total, no fridge needed.

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skellr

skellr Road Train Member

Jul 17, 2011
    The Village, Portmeirion
    I did that once running a dozer. Dropped the blade and started pushing, the ground behind the blade looked like it was going the same direction I was except 4x faster.

Might be good to look down at the road next to the truck to make sure there isn't any weird stuff happening.

Oxbow Thanks this.
  4. Jazz1

Jazz1 Road Train Member

May 7, 2012
    Thunder Bay On
    Flu shots are free, you can get them at the drugstore about anywhere in town. I also got shingles vaccine. Lots of that hits folks over 50 and it takes many folks down for months. Good luck getting yellow fever shot, those are hard to come by. Boy had to split his dose with his girlfriend its that scarce up here. Most military folks would have their yellow fever shot, its a once in a lifetime shot

5. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    If you keep your “Immune” system in check and healthy you won’t get the flu. Your immune system protects your body from picking up any illnesses. If your immune system is weak, it will fail you to some point. I have learned and study this. It all boils down to what you eat. I juice 6 days a week. I eat healthy, but I do treat myself once or maybe twice a week of something that’s not on my healthy list. And to let you all know, “CANCER” is an illness and can be cured. It’s all about nutrition. When all you all are on your reset, google and links to what your looking for can save your life in the sometime future. “Holistic Medicine, Natural Remedies,etc. @Dave_in_AZ , I've read some post about of what you post about eating on the road, seems something went wrong down the road for you.
    Eat Healthy, Stay Healthy.

rolls canardly Thanks this.
  6. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    I froze my ### off all day on a F/U load.

7. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    I don't want it ever. I almost died from pneumonia when I was about 3 years old. Was plagued with ear infections as a child. And I do not take antibiotics anymore. But I do use health supplements. And I'm still here without the flu shots. Good to hear it works for you.

Diesel Dave Thanks this.
  8. Dave_in_AZ

May 4, 2015
    But your immune system is not immune to new or mutated viruses or bacteria.

Watch what happens to someone that doesn’t fully recover from an infection that is on anti biotics, and stops taking them. That's potentially life threatening.

Flu is virus. Nothing can stop that except anti-viruses manufactured by your immune system.

9. rolls canardly

rolls canardly Road Train Member

Feb 7, 2009
    mt. pocono. pa.
    see thread from Gearjammer 79 - " For illness types of things to intake."

10. Justrucking2

Justrucking2 Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    Rest and fluids, lots of fluids. Try to stay away from sugar, and if things get bad, you will need to head to the hospital for an IV, multiple IVs, nothing to mess with. I have had it once, and I thought I was going to die. I figured I picked it up in a truck stop, this was about a year ago... I'm 52, and the Flu, the real thing, is nothing to mess with.

Dave_in_AZ and Oldironfan Thank this.
  11. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017
    The worst flu symptoms I've had are sneezing and my ribs and wrist get a big pain shock. Or lack of hunger. Vitamin c I will take until I get dysentery your body needs to build tolerance to high level vitamin c dosage. But if you buy buffered c pills it should help this. I credit Dr. Michael Savage from the savage nation talk show. That man is a genius.

rolls canardly Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.