The flying Pilot

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by springbrake, Aug 11, 2010.

1. skibum_63

skibum_63 Road Train Member

Oct 12, 2007
    somewhere, USA
    But when it comes to Tornadoe warnings and sirens going off, don't expect them to offer up any info where to go for shelter.

Just that happpend to me and a few drivers back in April, hear the sirens go off, NWS Weather on the cb was going nuts with activity, so we decided to seek shelter.
    Walk into to the shop, asked where thier storm shelter was, the wrench monkey just stared at us.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. springbrake

springbrake Light Load Member

Mar 13, 2010

I was at the Flying J in Carmel Church/Ruther Glen Va. today and the very nice lady behind the counter gave me a shower coupon after the fourth time I pounded my clenched fist onto the non-working (new) Pilot kiosk at the counter.:biggrin_25525: VERY nice shower, one towel instead of two and a nice little note from Gladys who was responsible for the bathroom warning me she was responsible for anything missing after I left.:biggrin_2556:

simplyred1962 Thanks this.
  4. springbrake

Mar 13, 2010

I was told today that September 1st is the day of reckoning for the merger. Until then keep complaining full tilt.:biggrin_255:

5. springbrake

Mar 13, 2010

That new Love's in Tehachapi looks really nice, it was packed the other morning, great location.

HFC Thanks this.
  6. Roadmedic

Roadmedic Road Train Member

Apr 4, 2007
    Got my letter today.

Effective 9-1-10

Fuel card will no longer start the pump.
    No free fountain drink with minimum fuel purchase. You can purchase with driver points.
    No 1/2 drink credit or shower credit for under 49 gallons.
    Fuel card can no longer be used as calling card.
    Showers no longer 7 days but 5 days.

Looks like the driver program will be worth a little more than the toilet water after pilot gets done.

7. springbrake

Mar 13, 2010

We have a few AMBEST stops we can use again now, maybe I'll be taking advantage of that.

8. HFC

HFC Road Train Member

Aug 10, 2007
    I think if there is no "formal" storm shelter around then you are to go to the lowest point behind a bulkhead wall that would provide protection. Here's the URL from FEMA on what to do during a tornado ...

http://www.fema.gov/hazard/tornado/to_during.shtm

9. simplyred1962

simplyred1962 Betty Boop, One Bodacious Babe!!!

Personally, I prefer Petro showers, anyway. They are larger, cleaner, and generally, have WAY better water pressure.

I call the new J's "the Flying Pee-Lot"...

hotrod1653 and razorsharp Thank this.
  10. Powder Joints

Powder Joints Subjective Prognosticator

Sep 25, 2007
    Rosamond, SoCal
    Ambest should be named Amworst, at least the ones in CA, Petro's and Love's ... Pilot used to have good coffee but anymore just taste like sludge. They will be gone soon we trust.

11. outerspacehillbilly

outerspacehillbilly "Instigator of the Legend"

May 28, 2009
    The Who's Your State
    Heard a guy talking today on the cb he had just put $500 worth of fuel in at the Pilot and they wouldn't give him a free cup of coffee! Are these people that f*^&ing stupid that own these places? I'd never fuel there again just out of principle.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.