The Food Service Rant thread

Discussion in 'LTL and Local Delivery Trucking Forum' started by LoneCowboy, Jun 20, 2015.

1. lagbrosdetmi

lagbrosdetmi Box Monkey

Jul 1, 2014
    Detroit
    Hey Steven Wright, did you buy some powdered water and not know what to add?

Did you get a map of the united states that was actual size?

God I love that guy

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy Road Train Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Colorado
    I assume you mean Aurora colorado. I work there.

There are 8 total out of this DC. Which is a ton. not sure I can reveal that. they'll tell you at interviews.
    Couple months at least, maybe longer. You can stay extra board as long as you want pretty much. Tons of work available. Took me about 3 months to get the same route twice and it was an eye opener. It was much easier. They do try to get you steady. Easier for them and you. but we are WAYYY short drivers. They will work you until you say stop, enough. At one point last week, I worked 3 straight weeks (every day) on elogs. The job gets much easier around the 3 month mark as it starts to click.
    elogs. peoplenet.
    no, supposed to be first night in the truck, 2nd in the hotel. Some end at the hotel.

no

oh hell yes. You get really good at getting into ugly places. you hit curbs and some trees but nothing else is really allowed. Although by the condition of the trucks and trailers, it's clear other people have hit stuff. and rule of thumb is never enter a lot you don't know how to get out of. I've stopped on the street, thrown flashers and walked into the lot to figure out how to get in and out. That's part of what makes having the same route so much easier, you know where to go and park.

no, no, yes. Once you get good at it you really can make the times, but it takes a while and you are still ALWAYS hustling. You earn every penny.

You barely make turns a 100 times a day.. They are short and locals get a day cab. but it's still a sleeper and they are all 48' plus a liftgate.

yes, but it's very reasonable. the bene's are excellent.

no. ice either for that matter still way better than manual jacks. the pallets are heavy and the EPJ's do go up hills. (they tip over too.)

the question you didn't ask. Yes, we make bank. I'm easily on track to beat the average wage for the center,the recruiter isn't lying about that. You earn every penny of it. Monday I worked 13:45 and ran my tail off. I'll do 30+ hours in thursday/friday and 3 hours on saturday. Yeah, do that math.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2015
  4. Mike2633

Mike2633 Road Train Member

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    Oh today was kind of a heavy one. I was the last truck back to the yard, actually though wasn't moving that terrible over all, had a stack fall over at a restaurant today. It didn't fall over immediately, what happened was the french fries on the bottom which is a frozen item the box got soggy from the humidity and the cool box collects condensation faster then say a box from the cooler or a dry stock item (these places wait to long to put stuff away) and any how a stack leaned and fell. I try my best, but I'm human and flawed to the core.

5. Mike2633

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    I won't be in line for a new truck with a new logo for sometime a long time because I have heard no talk at all of re-branding older equipment and as a low totem poll city driver I drive the stuff that's 12-24 months away from being aged out of the fleet and being ready to be sold off. My current truck that I assigned to my self is a 2007 International Transtar. I traded in my 2006 for the 2007. Well okay didn't trade it in called the main garage and said "You gotta take a look at this thing." The truck needed major work I might never see it again, there probably figuring out weather to keep it or sell it off. It has a big oil leak needed new shocks and all kinds of other it might never come back from the motor pool.

Attached Files:

• 003.JPG
      003.JPG
      File size:
      190.4 KB
      Views:
    Shaggy Thanks this.
  6. Octrucker

Octrucker Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2013
    does anyone know what account Penske services? they had an ad for a Hands on refrigerated account. Im trying to figure out who they haul for

7. brtecson

brtecson Medium Load Member

Oct 4, 2006
    What location is the ad for? Penske has a lot of customers...

8. LoneCowboy

Oct 6, 2009
    Colorado
    Broken down again!!!!!

9. Mike2633

Jun 14, 2013
    At Home on The West Side
    I had a trailer today that as the day got on got progressively worse and worse with the parking break releasing. Did get it back to the yard phoned the shop on it and after that conversation I just gave up and figured I'll let transit figure it out. I'm not a championship trailer mechanic.

10. Steven Wright

Steven Wright Bobtail Member

Jul 15, 2015
    Thanks LoneCowboy for the awesome response!

"Hey Steven Wright, did you buy some powdered water and not know what to add?

Did you get a map of the united states that was actual size?

God I love that guy"

Yeah, Steven Wright is great. I like the one about Rachel: she got poison ivy on her brain. The only way she could scratch it was to think about sand paper.

11. LoneCowboy

Oct 6, 2009
    Colorado
    So, did you apply? Cuz I'm tired and we need more drivers.

I ran a half shift wednesday, on thursday the reefer was dying and really the only solution when the reefer is dying away from main city is get the #### off the truck. Finally at 8pm (long after I had quit for the night and run out of hours. really. 13:55 on the elogs. 6 stops, 700 pieces, 520 miles in a 64mph truck) they just put more freon in it and said should last thru middle of next day. (which is all I needed). So, did the last 500 pieces on 3 stops on Friday and then drove 620 miles to make it back (13:35) friday night.

I get in and they say "can you work a local tomorrow?" Um, an hour ago you were covered. Yeah, the guy called off, pleezzze. Fine. So, turns out I'm changing my name to "super hero". I had to start 3 hours later (had to get my 10). (and my boss nor boss's boss can read the sheet. They tell me its supposed to leave at 4:30 and I can't go until 6:11am. So two hours late. I get there and start running it and the FIRST DELIVERY is at 4:30. 75 miles away. yeah, it starts at 3am. Anyway, I ran my ### off and I actually did this route months ago. (I remember it being snowy). I FREAKING CAUGHT UP BY lunch time. I made up THREE HOURS. I actually had to sit over lunch for hour due to lock out for my last delivery.

Super Hero.

66 hours on the elogs
    Probably made $1900 this week though.

I'm freaking tired though.

Rocks and Mike2633 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.