The 'Gainey' Expierence

Discussion in 'Superservice' started by IROCUBabe, Oct 1, 2009.

1. IROCUBabe

IROCUBabe Road Train Member

Apr 9, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    Well I had one solo say he gets 3500 a week and one say 2000. I think it depends on how often you need to be home, and your performance. When we started we were doing 3k at first but when they saw we can run they run our butts off. The one that ran 2000 was newbie, most ppl here seem to have been here 2+ years. So that says something.

Dna Mach Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Larz

Larz Light Load Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Chandler, AZ
    Glad you are getting the miles, make sure to bank it just in case...

Be safe!

4. IROCUBabe

Apr 9, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    As of yesterday at midnight, Gainey Transportation Services, Inc is no longer. This Friday we got the memo, divert to nearest terminal to fill out paperwork, and get our new ifta/plates as well re-branding of the trucks.

The company was restructured. The new corp name is GTS Transportation LLC. We had to get new plates, new ifta, and they redneck rebranded the truck. (Just put new stickers over old stickers... I am totally redoing that when I get home).

We had to do new payroll papers, new W4, and new application (short version). According to them except for the name everything is staying the same, we still have same dispatcher, still rolling, said same payrate, so we shall see. If everything remains as is, not a big deal.

That said, the trailers are taking some time to cycle through lol, they still had thousands to do as of last night.

5. stranger

stranger Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2006
    NC
    Trailers may take quite a while. I still see old MS Carriers trailers behind Swift trucks.

6. IROCUBabe

Apr 9, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    I am still happy here, still running though not as hard, which is fine I am wore out from that 8k week. I am thoroughly debating my current lifestyle however, and my current relationship. I am not happy, and I am starting to get annoyed with settling.

7. haze1

haze1 Light Load Member

Oct 31, 2006
    Midwest City, Oklahoma
    Hey Irocubabe, noticed you are from the Dallas Tx area, if the new restructured Gainey doesnt work out for you, just thought I would tell you Crete Carrier Corp has a terminal right off I-45 in Wilmer Tx just south of the Loves. Crete is a really good company worth checking out. Anyways goodluck to you and stay safe.

8. longbedGTs

longbedGTs Heavy Load Member

May 8, 2007
    Texas
    Glad to hear youre doing well here. GTS isnt as bad as everyone made them out to be huh? I dont think so anyway. We're suppose to get about 400 new trucks sometime in Feb-March. 100 autoshifts and the rest 10spds, so I heard from Rosy.
    Drive safe!

9. cjvaldez24

cjvaldez24 Bobtail Member

Dec 30, 2009
    I start with Gainey on Monday (Jan. 11th). I've been off the road for about 9 months and I have 18 months of OTR experience. I'm the type of driver who doesn't complain and does the job right. I just hope the miles are there, cause I know this time of the year is the slow period. Any advice or feedback on the company?

10. badman976

badman976 Light Load Member

Jan 5, 2010
    I'm waiting for a call to confirm a orientation date at gainey and calark for next week. hopefully calark will call before gainey but as long as I'm working by Jan 17Th I'll go were ever i can make some money.

hi I'm the new guy. i been a otr driver since Oct of 2000 i recently took the last 14 months off to deal with a crumbling family life and after not being able find any other full time work in my hometown of flint, mi me and the misses have decided we need two incomes and if trucking will provide that 2ND income and insurance for the kiddies, trucking here i come again.

11. IROCUBabe

Apr 9, 2008
    Dallas, TX
    I wouldn't drive for crete if they paid me hourly with overtime, and got me home nightly... sorry. Yeah longbed I am hearing similiar, I hear that the people whom have done serious damage to the manuals are getting the autos as punishment. HAHA!

They better be getting Kenworths cause they ain't getting me out of my truck for no stupid freightshaker.

Not sure where you are coming out of cj, though I am sure its not KC since they closed that one down. I can tell you as a team we have noticed a slight slow down. Nothing major. I can also tell you that the very last week of the month and very first week of the month seem to be the times we roll the hardest, and that you should plan your home time around that if you want to capitalize on the $$, the end of the second week of the month is the best time to go home. The driving test is bloody ### hard, if its anything like the one we did. Its much longer, and takes you on some tight turns. Our backing part was fairly easy in dallas, the yard is good sized and rarely has trailers so you can swing wide and just straight back, and the road tester in dallas is a great guy.

The orientation is long, boring, and tedious. Alot of people got sent home day 1, 2, 3, and even 4. The worst place to test is in Grand Rapids itself as they are a bit more hard assed. Do your application right the first time, don't lie about dates and tickets they will send you home. I know they need to hire at least 100 new drivers, because their safer says they have 700 drivers and 800 trucks and some of them drivers are teams. But expect to get pulled in alot, as they reformed under a new dot # so their SAFER score is calulcated yet and thusly you get redlighted alot.

3 Key things for you to know as a newbie:

#1) You are going to run mostly East of I-35 if you are solo.
    #2) They do not have EZpass or any other toll pass. You pay upfront, and are reimbursed, we have not had issues being reimbursed for anything.
    #3) IF you come and start doing illegal logs I will hunt you down and throw Siamese cats at you. Seriously. Firstly, they check them against the GPS, so they will catch you. Secondly, if you log on anything but line 3 for a toll you won't be reimbursed, yeah they are that big on legal logs. If you do not log line 4 for a scale, you will not be reimbursed. Because people were logging illegally Gainey's SAFER rating went from like >75 to 90+ in a matter of 30 days during their DOT Audit. because they are a new carrier now (reformed under a new corp name and dot #) they have another audit they are required to go through, and hopefully it will turn out better now.

JoeB and The Challenger Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.