The Good, The Bad, The Honest Truth of a New Roehl Lease Operator

Discussion in 'Roehl' started by MayhemTrucking, Dec 28, 2010.

1. Bill_Board

Bill_Board Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2014
    One of my friends own a franchise before, he hated it after about a year. Why? Well because the franchisee is not completely independent, and are required to operate their business according the the procedures and restrictions set by the franchisor, meaning everything from pricing to products and services. Yes your back by well known name but what if that name takes a hit, then you take the hit. You can't change what you're doing to continue to be profitable because than you maybe in violation of their rules. So when your hands are tied and you cant change or adjust the to area how can you continue to be profitable? I plan on becoming a L/O or an O/O one day but i don't really want be under a companies program, I find it way to restrictive and I am paying for a truck that is suppose to be mine, if i choose to pay the balloon payment, not much different than leasing a truck from a dealer only with more freedom. I applaud all who have done it and where successful and being new to the business of trucking I have learned a lot from this forum.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Scott72

Scott72 Road Train Member

Apr 7, 2013
    Sure you have to follow some of the company rules, but you know what? If the company fails or I get fed up I can walk away no questions asked and not have to worry about selling a truck. Each to their own, but for starting out I like that option should I decide it's not for me. I'm almost a year into my lease and so far am very happy.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.