The Journey Begins

Discussion in 'Stevens' started by KMac, May 16, 2012.

1. stlvance

stlvance Medium Load Member

Dec 20, 2011
    st louis MO
    well i just got out of grad fleet the other day but all in all it wasnt bad i came here with experience though. all my previous stuff was runnin car haulers so yours might be different. i wish i had been able to get through or1 faster but we kept getting east coast runs so i was held up on the west coast part of the training. not too many people left from my or1 group now i noticed. maybe 10 percent are still with the company.

BigWu1972 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Emulsified

Emulsified Road Train Member

May 6, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    That's the industry. Too many people start out thinking it's all together different, then have a rude awakening. The culture shock is mind blowing.
    About 90% that start will be out of the industry...not just Stevens, by the end of the first year.

But for some of us, it has a draw that just won't let go.

BigWu1972 Thanks this.
  4. stlvance

Dec 20, 2011
    st louis MO
    yep like i said i had some otr already so i knew what i was getting into for the most part the only real difference in this from what i did was now i sit at meat plants vs auto auctions lol and now im always the same height too glad to hear your gonna be on the other end of the phone soon. pretty sure im gonna be talkin to you too.

5. nascarchuck

nascarchuck Road Train Member

Sep 2, 2008
    DFW, TX
    We just picked up a Mazda contract. We start hauling in about 2 weeks. Might be worth looking into cause they should be hiring a few drivers.

6. stlvance

Dec 20, 2011
    st louis MO
    id be willing to look into it

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.