The List Of Best Paying Companies For New Drivers

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by UKJ, Mar 23, 2015.

1. jayb123x

jayb123x Bobtail Member

Apr 27, 2015
    Coldspring, TX
    I spoke with a Prime recruiter today and she told me .26cpm to start (after CDL and 40,000 miles training) and then staged increases that will have you at 30 or 31cpm after one year. This is for a Regional Flatbed position. I thought it was a low offer and then I see this thread tonight. What am I missing?

-Jason

Edit-from the Prime Co. website......

[h=3]Need a permit study guide? Click Here![/h]PRIME STUDENT DRIVER (PSD) PROGRAM
    Prime’s PSD begins with you obtaining your CDL permit. Then you’ll go on the road with a certified CDL instructor for no less than 75 hours of one-on-one behind the wheel training. After training, you’ll return to Prime’s corporate headquarters in Springfield, Missouri, for final CDL state testing and your CDL license. Then you can enter our program with guaranteed pay!

[h=3][​IMG]Obtain CDL Permit / 4 Days[/h]
    1. Enter program, study and test for Missouri CDL permit.
    2. Start driving/training at Prime Training Center in Springfield, Missouri.
    3. Work toward 40,000 training dispatched miles (minimum) with food allowance while without CDL (Food allowance is paid back with future earnings).
    [h=3][​IMG]On-the-Road Instruction / 10,000 Miles[/h]
    1. Train with experienced certified CDL instructor for 3-4 weeks in a real world environment.
    2. Get 75 hours of behind-the-wheel time with one-on-one student/instructor ratio.
    3. Earn 10,000 miles toward total 40,000 miles needed.
    [h=3][​IMG]Pass Final CDL Skills Test / 30,000 miles[/h]
    1. In Springfield, pass final state CDL exam.
    2. Obtain CDL with HazMat endorsement.
    3. Receive certification and begin as a “B2” company driver trainee.
    4. Earn 12¢ per mile ($700 per week guaranteed).
    5. Complete additional 30,000 miles toward total 40,000 mile goal. (10,000 miles + 30,000 miles = 40,000 miles completed)
    [h=3][​IMG]ACE Orientation / 40,000 miles[/h]
    1. Take ACE Orientation at Prime Training Center.
    2. Pass upgrade skills test and get into own truck.
    3. Earn 38¢ per mile ($750 to $850 per week) or 43¢ per mile in our ECO49 trucks ($850 to $1000 per week).
    4. Eligible for Success Leasing Truck or Company Driver position. Required: No accidents & must complete ACE, Driving Skills Test and Smith System.
    If you have obtained a CDL from an outside school, you will go straight to our Company Driver Orientation and then train with a TNT Trainer for a total of 40,000 miles. If the truck is moving, it counts toward your of total miles. You will receive $600 guaranteed minimum per week for the first 20,000 miles of training (typically 4-5 weeks) and $700 guaranteed minimum per week for the remaining 20,000 miles of training.

*Recent graduates from other schools may qualify for tuition reimbursement of $250 per month for up to 6 months.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. redoctober83

redoctober83 Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2013
    Seattle, wa
    Jason,

Something seems wrong with that for sure. I'm not familiar with flatbed rates, but I was under the impression that the starting cpm for a company driver was the same as the reefer side which is $.38/mile + $.05 for the lightwieght truck. I don't think they do the lightwieghts for the flatbed division, it's either the midroof or fullsize condo.

I would jump over to one of the Prime flatbed threads on here and ask your question there if it hasn't been posted anywhere. Ther are quite a few threads for Prime on TTR.

Good luck,

Redoctober

4. Bry

Bry Light Load Member

Apr 16, 2013
    Magnum's website says they pay "up to" 48 cents/mi, and you have them listed paying students 50-55 cents/mile. Are you sure your info is correct?

5. sb1

sb1 Light Load Member

Sep 1, 2014
    Iowa
    go to the first page and click on the link for the updated list

6. Drew352

Drew352 Medium Load Member

Dec 28, 2011
    Leesburg,fl
    That's probally not counting the per diem or something I know they do like a 10cents forced per diem

jayb123x Thanks this.
  7. The Crossword Trucker

The Crossword Trucker Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2015
    The updated list link on the first page did not survive the upgrade :(

8. UKJ

UKJ Heavy Load Member

Dec 28, 2014
    Sorry guys, I won't be rebuilding the list either. This forum looks like crap now and I won't be visiting here any more because of it. Why people always want to "fix" what's not broken is beyond me. I prefer sleek and streamlined like it was to bloated and blocky like it is now. But anyway I am tapping out guys. Take care.

9. CargoWahgo

CargoWahgo Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2012
    Louisville, Kentucky
    To put Werner on a list of highest paying trucking jobs is an insult to the list.

Take it off!!! The list deserves better!

Booooo!!!!!
    Op
    Booooooo!!!!!

10. Suncoast

Suncoast Light Load Member

Nov 18, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    Well they should have a video, after all CRE is just for entertainment purposes correct? At least whenever I hear of them I find myself laughing!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.