***the Lumper Scam***

Discussion in 'Shippers & Receivers - Good or Bad' started by starstress, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Husker_Trucker

Husker_Trucker Medium Load Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Lincoln, NE
    I guess it is just like anything else, there's good lumping services and then there are the bad ones just like drivers. I just unloaded at Safeway in Auburn, WA and they had me in a door an hour before my appointment and I was waving adios to that place before my appointment ever rolled around. I understand that most lumping services are a third party business so I understand it. What really burns my ### though is having to pay $50 at a Wal Mart DC to have THEIR employees unload THEIR freight. Costco does it right. Hand your bills to the guy at the guard shack, get unloaded & then pick up your signed bills at the same gate. No dealing with receiving clerks on a power trip & no money ever exchanged.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. slowpoke89

slowpoke89 Road Train Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Slowpoke land
    Hyvee in chariton,ia is anothergood one, good people there, always get unloaded within a reasonable amount of time, and no lumpers.

As for the lumper scam, i was at a family reunion way back in'01, and a distant cousin of mine(he married into the family, so fortunately he's not blood related, since the whole family thinks he is a loud, obnoxious,ignorant,fathead #####) was there, and he worked at a grocery warehouse nearby. I asked him the whole reason for making drivers unload or hire lumpers, his reply was "because you stupid truckers are lazy ##### who just want to sleep in the trucks all the time, what is so hard about just driving down the freeway!" I had to use every bit of inner strength i had to keep from strangling him or grabbing a baseball bat to put a dent in his thick skull.

4. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    [​IMG] Originally Posted by ky wildcat 4ever [​IMG] October 15, 2009
    I disagree with paying someone to unload there frieght ...They ordered it let them unload it and as for the fees they charge its crazy kroger in keller tx they charge 400.00 to unload a floor load of hamburger...I sure didnt or will not unload a truck for any amount my job is or was to get the load there on time its up to the reciver to unload .....This is why i ran flatbed most of my time didnt have to deal with this problem

Originally Post bytruckerdave1970 - October 15, 2009
    Most of us have flown on a plane or at least been to an airport, right? Let me ask you something, have you ever seen the pilot of the plane UNLOAD LUGGAGE (or pay someone else to unload)???

Response to Post by truckerdave1970 - October 5, 2012
    That's a good one, a point well taken, AMEN!!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  5. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    Posted by spyder2012 - August 11, 2012
    Hyvee in chariton,ia is anothergood one, good people there, always get unloaded within a reasonable amount of time, and no lumpers.

As for the lumper scam, i was at a family reunion way back in'01, and a distant cousin of mine(he married into the family, so fortunately he's not blood related, since the whole family thinks he is a loud, obnoxious,ignorant,fathead #####) was there, and he worked at a grocery warehouse nearby. I asked him the whole reason for making drivers unload or hire lumpers, his reply was "because you stupid truckers are lazy ##### who just want to sleep in the trucks all the time, what is so hard about just driving down the freeway!" I had to use every bit of inner strength i had to keep from strangling him or grabbing a baseball bat to put a dent in his thick skull.

Response to post by spyder2012 - October 5, 2012
    There is one way to "educate" this obnoxious person who thinks truck drivers are "lazy". Make this obnoxious person go to a truck driving school, get a CDL, and have him work a 2 year stretch as an OTR driver and MAKE HIM UNLOAD EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF FREIGHT IN ADDITION TO HAVING HIM DRIVE ABOUT 3000 MILES A WEEK.

ALSO, DO NOT PAY HIM FOR UNLOADING THE FREIGHT. THIS WILL CHANGE HIS MIND VERY QUICKLY.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2012
  6. snowman01

snowman01 Road Train Member

Sep 27, 2011
    North Carolina
    I unloaded every trailer I pulled unless I was not allowed on the dock and the company had pre-hired lumpers to unload them. Made a couple of hundred extra every week doing this and I didn't gain 100lbs just sitting around either. I billed companies what I thought it was worth and falsified receipts a number of times. The amount I ended up getting was always less than what the lumpers would charge so I always figured I was saving money for the company. No-one ever questioned it.

7. Wooly Rhino

Wooly Rhino Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Liberty, Missouri
    Before I drive, I change into my trucking outfit. I put on a pair of plain looking glasses and cover up my costume with a regular looking pair of sweat pants and t-shirt. Of course when danger appears or they need a load to get somewhere really fast then I look for a phone booth. I rip off my sweats and out pops my blue and red with yellow and white highlights Supertrucker uniform. Off we fly. Look out on the road, is it a Plane, is it a train, is it a Swiftee. NO. It is SuperTrucker.

I don't unload anything unless I am paid to do so. Lumpers can make whatever they want to. The cost for everything is passed on the end user. If the cost get to high, no one buy's the product and we all are out of work. Don't kill the goose that lays those eggs. But don't try to lay the eggs all by yourself.

8. 36750177

36750177 Light Load Member

Sep 10, 2014
    $275 to unload 18 pallets in Sumner Washington at Bunzl. This is the biggest scam, Bunzl orders the product from Gojo in Wooster, Ohio, I drive the truck 2460 miles to Sumner, Wash. and Bunzl expect me to pay the lumper fee. TWS lumper services can kiss my xxx. I backed in the door at 4:56 a.m., they started at 6 a.m. and it's 7:45 and they're still not finished. I called the lumper service and they said they're far from done it'll be 9:30 or 10 before they're finished. You got to love it.

9. Infosaur

Infosaur Road Train Member

Old thread.

But driver, you better call that broker and get that money first.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.