The misadventures of a rookie tanker yanker

Discussion in 'Tanker, Bulk and Dump Trucking Forum' started by Mortarmaggot, Jan 2, 2018.

1. spindrift

spindrift Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    I have no idea if that's reasonable, but to this soon to be driver, it sounds very fair.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    I have also had them pay for Uber to get food and go back and forth to the truck.

Also that pay per 24 hours is something you need to ask about. For instance Schneider is 65 a day where Superior is 160. Makes a huge difference.

Mortarmaggot Thanks this.
  4. Mortarmaggot

Mortarmaggot Heavy Load Member

Apr 13, 2017
    Stuck in PA due to the snow storm. Got lucky and a friend from trucking school is here. It's cool to catch up. He's with JB, but gets a local gig in a week or two.

This was a 2 and a half day run which is now a 3 and a half day. Superior will cover a days wages due to road conditions holding me up.

My wife is heading out of town when I get back. Her and her sister are going to raise a little hell in Denver. Yeah, they're visiting their parents, but Dan and I know our wives. Lol

I'll be taking about 5 days off to keep the household in check. After that, I'll do a good long run to earn my keep.

Smut Thanks this.
  5. Smut

Smut Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2017
    Houston
    Stay safe out there. I got the hell outta PA before that storm hit.

Mortarmaggot Thanks this.
  6. wsyrob

wsyrob Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Winston Salem
    I am running behind it. High Point to Indy yesterday. Indy to N Chicago to Dayton today. There were 3 jackknifed big rigs and 3 more rolled over this afternoon on 70 in Indiana between the 137 and Ohio. Hopefully it’s all gone in the morning.

Mortarmaggot and Smut Thank this.
  7. spindrift

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    We're in Louisville and some spots got 11"-12". Temperatures are supposed to drop like a rock tonight so be careful out there.

And Trimac just accepted my application for the Louisville terminal! Take my test this coming Tuesday. We're missing lots of range time because of the weather so please wish me luck. I'll gladly accept prayers if anyone has them to offer.

8. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    Congratulations, and prayers sent.

All y'all be safe out there. I'm home for 4 or 5 days.

Slim51 and Smut Thank this.
  9. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Congratulations; you should make good paychecks with Trimac. What do they haul out of the Louisville terminal?

10. spindrift

Dec 2, 2014
    Texas
    Hey China, thanks! Got my CDL yesterday.
    Everything is chemicals from what I understand. I'm going to head over to the West End this week and introduce myself to the TM. Unfortunately, my wife has cold feet about me being away so much. That right there will be our biggest challenge.

11. Mortarmaggot

Apr 13, 2017
    In Grand Rapids Michigan unloading dry oil. I'll finish a 10 and then run down to Markham in the morning.

With any luck they'll have a load headed home for the Holiday. If they have me sit, holiday and layover pay on Friday. I'd rather haul towards home and get holiday pay while running home.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.