The New FFE Driver Academey

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by THE PLAYMAKER, Mar 14, 2011.

1. THE ROAD VIRUS

THE ROAD VIRUS Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2010
    Nomad
    Question for you Playmaker. Are you approaching the end of your one year comitment. If so, has your overall experience with FFE convinced you to continue on with them or have you explored other opportunities?

I ask, only because I am curious to see how i would feel after my year is up...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. THE PLAYMAKER

THE PLAYMAKER Medium Load Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Sanger, Texas
    Yes I am coming up on my year. I have enjoyed my experience as a trainee through solo driver on to becoming a trainer. Yes they have made me mad enough to chew nails but that will be with any company. Hick United airlines used to make mad to when I was a pilot for them. I have so many connections here at FFE from the head of training to 3 VPs to the COO, plus all the people at the school. Is FFE perfect NO!! But I am happy I went with them and NO I will not pursue something else. I love being a trainer, watching someone learn is rewarding. I look forward to a career here that I chose and have no regrets.

Plus who is going to keep SPAT and TIGGER under control if I leave???

4. rednecktigger

rednecktigger Light Load Member

Jun 16, 2011
    huntsville, alabama.
    just give me video games and candy and spat a popular mechanics mag and we will be kept busy....

5. rednecktigger

Jun 16, 2011
    huntsville, alabama.
    i am contemplating leaving when my commitment is up. i saw a help wanted sign at a male strip club in st. Louis and i figured i would give it a shot.

6. THE PLAYMAKER

THE PLAYMAKER Medium Load Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Sanger, Texas
    I dance on the side when on home time at the old folks home.

7. spat

spat Medium Load Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Spring Hill, FL
    playmaker, Tigger keeps touching me........are we there yet?

FREEZERGEEZER Thanks this.
  8. freightliner18257

freightliner18257 Light Load Member

Mar 8, 2009
    chicago il
    Hey guys I am planning on applying to FFE first off I live right next to the Bridgeview Il terminal, second will they accept me at the academy only having a permit and finally what would the chances of me being able to train with one of you guys be. Thanks

9. rednecktigger

Jun 16, 2011
    huntsville, alabama.
    what do you mean only a permit? as in a permit to drive a car? if it is the permit for your cdl but you have your regular license then you are more then fine. u would actually have to get your permit in texas though. and as far as training with one of us, playmaker is the only one of us three that is a trainer right now. spat will be soon and i will be in around 30-60 days depending on when i training class is. if one of us is free or will be free we can see with we can do .

10. RookieTruckerChick

RookieTruckerChick Bobtail Member

Jan 8, 2012
    Rossford, OH
    I'll totally have to keep this in mind.

Do they work with you and let you ask questions? How are they otr, and how are they when it comes to one on one training?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2012
  11. spat

spat Medium Load Member

Feb 21, 2008
    Spring Hill, FL
    You live at Polecatz! Thats Awesome!
    As for training with one of us...its possible, but the timing is tricky.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.