The New FFE Driver Academey

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by THE PLAYMAKER, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Wingnut1

Wingnut1 Light Load Member

Jul 3, 2012
    The Mitten
    Roadrunner70, I will be there on the 9th. Should be hopping on the dog this Saturday am. I was told today to expect a call regarding the itinerary on Thursday, due to the holiday, but it looked like leaving 8am Saturday.

Steve

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. ipogsd

ipogsd Heavy Load Member

Jun 13, 2012
    I'm scheduled to start on the 16th. My recruiter sent me an email that she put in for the Dog ticket. Even though I told her I'm most likely flighing, don't want to do 20 some hours on the bus. Plane ticket is only $236. Not sure what a bus ticket is.

4. roadrunner70

roadrunner70 Light Load Member

Jun 2, 2012
    Limbo
    I looked at plane tickets as well, but the fares from Atlanta to Dallas are outrageous. Two or three years ago I could fly from LA to Orlando for $99 each way, and Atlanta to Dallas could easily be had for $79.

I am dreading the 24 hour bus ride, but it will give me plenty of extra time to study the CDL manual.

5. ipogsd

ipogsd Heavy Load Member

Jun 13, 2012
    I just looked at bus tickets and its about $110, vs $236 flying. So $127 more. 3 hours vs 20 some. Not to mention the stories about the bus, LOL!

6. roadrunner70

Jun 2, 2012
    Limbo
    Here are a few more questions.
    Does anyone know how much time males spend at the hotel before they go to the dorms?
    Also, what days does the shuttle to Walmart run?
    Is it free?
    How long does the shuttle stay there?
    Is anyone who is going to the July 9th class going to take a car? In N Out just opened stores in the DFW area and there is one not too far away from the school. I would love to take a short road trip there for dinner one evening. I have not had a Double Double since October 2010. My priority is to get my CDL, but a Double Double would be a nice bonus. :biggrin_255:

7. ipogsd

ipogsd Heavy Load Member

Jun 13, 2012
    From what I understand your only in the Hotel if the dorms are full, or your female. And you may be moved from the Hotel if a bed opens up at the dorm.

8. Wingnut1

Jul 3, 2012
    The Mitten
    I looked at flying as well. Last week it was $365, this week it's $458. I'll just bite the bullet and take the dog. I've heard most of the newer ones have wi-fi and 110 power points. I'll just subscribe to Netflix and Hulu for my laptop. It will still suck, but whatever. I was in the Marines, so I can adapt and overcome.

9. Wingnut1

Jul 3, 2012
    The Mitten
    Dorms? I thought everyone stayed at a hotel?

10. roadrunner70

Jun 2, 2012
    Limbo
    Ooh-rah!
    I was in the Navy.

11. roadrunner70

Jun 2, 2012
    Limbo
    Females stay at the hotel during their entire time at the school. The hotel is a County Inn and Suites near the school. From what I read in the information I was sent by my recruiter, after arriving in Fort Worth I take a taxi to the hotel. That makes me think that I will spend at least one night in the hotel and move to the dorms sometime thereafter.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.