the norm for acceptable driving records

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by bobbyw, Dec 4, 2006.

1. RACEFAN

RACEFAN Medium Load Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Keep searching BobbyW you will find something.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. beancounter

beancounter Light Load Member

Sep 4, 2009
    Greenville, MI
    Hey Dog,

I'm looking to get into flats, so I was looking at Mav, Roehl, and TMC (in that order). However, Mav isn't hiring in my area right now so hopefully that'll change by summer. Plus by then that accident will be >3rys old.

4. White Dog

White Dog Road Train Member

Feb 11, 2008
    Iowa
    Pick one of the first two.

Roehl will give you the opportunity to see more of the country....and give you more variety than Maverick. Maverick basically runs east of the Mississippi River and haul a LOT of steel coils (which are a pain).
    Personally I would pick Roehl.

STAY AWAY FROM TMC!!!

5. nicnat2

nicnat2 Medium Load Member

Oct 26, 2008
    sin city
    The only way to find out if a company will accept you is to get a dmv report and show it to a truck company. They will tell you yes or no...Get the report and call a recruiter,tell what your report says...

6. S C Rydah

S C Rydah Light Load Member

Oct 28, 2009
    Jersey
    He didn't ask u that. GOD KNOWS I HATE THAT!!!!

Basically, she's right. I have a similar record. Accident w/careless and unsafe operation, BOTH in 6/2007. And an accident this year. Both NOT my fault. But no company will look at me with the bad record I have right now. But most pretty much say that won't be an issue in 6/2010. So give it a full 3yrs to the month at least and try again.

Oh, and DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT GOING WITH A COMPANY THAT DOSEN'T CARE ABOUT IT IF IT'S LESS THAN 3YRS!!! THEY'LL SCREW YOUR RECORD UP FOR AT LEAST 5-10 years!!! The B.S. outfits always get u. It happened to me.

7. James 007

James 007 Bobtail Member

Sep 30, 2010
    I have 3 weeks left of school .I have been doing allot of research on some of these company's .I would not drive for Stevens Transport .They make you get your CDL in Texas .Even if you have one in another state they make you drop it .I dont know why yet .So far it's ether Werner or GTI .It sounds like GTI is pretty picky who they hire . Werner and allot of other trucking company's make money from the FED's if you make it through there training . But all in all you get what you put in to it sounds like. All these company's have there good and bad .But us newbies have to take it sometimes .I just dont like it when the recruiters blow smoke up my but .But thats what they get paid to do .Do your homework on the company that you want to work for that's for sure . I to looking for that perfect company that will help you and the family that have little ones at home . Sorry but there is no perfect company out there .I just need to put 1- 2 years in some where .

8. CriticalMass

CriticalMass Bobtail Member

Apr 29, 2010
    Las Vegas, NV
    RE: Gordon Trucking. If you had a misdemeanor (or any other violation for that matter) and didn't report it, most companies will use that fact alone to disqualify you from employment. A while back, I had a job and was responsible for hiring drivers and this was the main reason I had to reject an applicant. It is best to check you own record and report whatever is there. Honesty is the best policy. Food for thought. Best wishes...

9. rhicks70

rhicks70 Bobtail Member

Oct 1, 2010
    how do check ur dac report
    :biggrin_25523:

10. CriticalMass

CriticalMass Bobtail Member

Apr 29, 2010
    Las Vegas, NV
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.