the Roehl way....yeah right

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by southcross1, May 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Etch-A-Sketch

Etch-A-Sketch Light Load Member

Sep 9, 2008
    The Peach State
    I tend to believe that some of the biggest jerks on the road are O/O. They tend to be the ones holding up fuel islands, and 90% of the time comimg over way too close after passing me. Mainly not the ones that sign on with a major hauler but the one man shows with the 500 lights and like to run 80 in the construction zones. These are the ones that typically run all over the tails of the 4 wheelers and act like jerks at the truck stops.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. boonie2

boonie2 Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2008
    palm springs , florida
    What are you making a career of following all my posts? Im not here
    to impress you , hate to burst your little bubble .. when anyone considers themselfs an expert driver thats when people get killed , so no im not an expert driver , I am a professional driver tho , might be a good idea to just pass my posts by next time :biggrin_25525:

NukedNative Thanks this.
  4. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    Youve got some issues dont you ? maybe you should think about parking the truck for awhile

Well I do almost every day at 1530. But I do have to go to LA tomorrow so I will be parking at Pollard Flats for awhile:yes2557:

when anyone considers themselfs an expert driver thats when people get killed ,

Says who, the Experts?:biggrin_25512: Many people are considered experts in their field of endeavor, including professional drivers

so no im not an expert driver , I am a professional driver tho ,

If you get paid to drive you are considered a professional driver. I would much rather be considered a expert professional driver then just a paid driver.

Your logic is no doubt gained from watching some video tape at x trucking company or school I suspect. :biggrin_2551:

Competence and confidence in ones driving ability is not a recipe for disaster. To say anyone who considers themselves to be a expert driver is a danger is just a ridiculous statement with no basis in fact. So it is a good thing it is just your opinion. :biggrin_25525:

5. coastie

coastie Road Train Member

The idea of calling your self an expert means your not going to be as careful and your on your way to a Crash, YOURS.. Back when I started driving, I heard this several times from the Old Timers.

JolliRoger Thanks this.
  6. boonie2

boonie2 Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2008
    palm springs , florida

exactly my point

7. MO family man

MO family man Heavy Load Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Nunya, MO
    Reading these two lines is like watching a long pass down the sidelines. Well put sir!

8. boonie2

boonie2 Bobtail Member

Aug 12, 2008
    palm springs , florida
    If your talking to me then , No my logic doesnt come from watch any trucking company videos , it comes from 9 years of Hunts Point N.Y. runs, and OTR for over a million miles :biggrin_25512:

9. eckz

eckz <strong>"Radio Rambo"</strong>

Sep 15, 2007
    Detroit, Michigan
    If you were released to work and your doctor knew what you did for a living the pain meds are legal. You just can't have them with you while you're working, at least that's how my company explained it to me. But then again i've been with them for a long time and they know i'm safe.

I'm sorry for your bad experience my friend, best of luck in your endeavors, some people just get bad luck. I talk to alot of Roehl drivers and they all seem to enjoy it, perhaps you just got a bad dispatcher. :(

Hope your new job treats you better, good luck out there.

10. parkerhunter

parkerhunter Bobtail Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Somerset, WI
    Class size is now down to max of six. two trucks per class and three in each truck. Very good company and very good school

11. GunzFlatbedder

GunzFlatbedder Medium Load Member

Nov 28, 2008
    Marshfield
    and the Honor program for vets has been fixed.... see other post under DAC Roehl

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.