The Truth About Gordon

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by GREEN, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Loren

Loren Bobtail Member

May 10, 2010
    Houston TX
    When Gordon Trucking decided to fire the fellow who trained me there, they routed him as far from home as they could get him (about 800 miles) and then told him to clean out his truck and find his own way home. Given the fact that they had a terminal about 35 miles from where he lived, this was totally uncalled for.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. EagleAce

EagleAce Bobtail Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    First time I've heard of that happening here. Two years, three trucks for me next week.

three trucks? well, I gave up my first one (it was a POS anyway!) when i slipped on ice and broke my ankle in four places at Christmas '08 (GTI took real good care of me then), got one w/ a Cummins ISX (that engine is a BEAST!) when I came back in April '09, then I gave that one up last August when they offered me one w/ an APU -it's a gutless castrated Detroit, but it's more than worth it for the TriPac! :biggrin_25525: those babies are SWEEEET!

and the DM I've had for over a year keeps me moving and finds me loads I can do with my hours available. I average 10,000 mi a month and rarely do a reset on the road. When I do, it's usually at a terminal.

4. nicnat2

nicnat2 Medium Load Member

Oct 26, 2008
    sin city
    Hey EagleAce, didn't you have a bike on the back of your truck in the Mod.yrd? I talked to you a bunch of times..haha

5. bowhunter1768

bowhunter1768 Bobtail Member

Oct 19, 2009
    Beavercreek,Oh
    When I was driving for gti last year I put my bike in the top bunk. One time I was laid over in Granite City, Ill, I rode a bike path along the Mississippi river. thats better than doing nothing all day in the truck

6. Broken Spoke

Broken Spoke Medium Load Member

Mar 22, 2010
    Tucson Arizona
    I assume you had a ? level fusion on your back? I know other drivers have had that operation but they still work with no problems. You just have to be more careful.

7. EagleAce

EagleAce Bobtail Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    yep! I take it off for the winter. put it back on a couple weeks ago but haven't been able to ride it yet

8. nicnat2

Oct 26, 2008
    sin city
    Well It sounds like you're doing ok...I left GTI last Dec and am just getting back into the OTR thing again..once you're in, you're hooked.I tried to make it in the real world but have been miserable..so my wife said to just get back into it again. I left on good terms with Gti but don't know if they'd hire me back....Are you guys still hurting for drivers?

9. Yatista

Yatista Medium Load Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Upstate New York
    GTI is expanding their fleet. Did a job fair at Sapp Bro T/S in SLC about a week ago. If you left on good terms contact your prev DM or recruiter.

10. nicnat2

Oct 26, 2008
    sin city
    Thanx Yatista maybe i'll give Daniel a call if he's still in Phoenix....

11. EagleAce

EagleAce Bobtail Member

Jun 2, 2010
    Sacramento, CA
    Dan is still there. our office is at Absolute Intermodal (the Port of Phoenix) off of Grant St (about 1 1/2 mi s of the Flying J/Pilot) now. it is MUCH nicer than what we had at Best Overnite Express!

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.