The Truth About Gordon

Discussion in 'Gordon' started by GREEN, Sep 16, 2007.

1. nicnat2

nicnat2 Medium Load Member

Oct 26, 2008
    sin city
    Yeah there wasn't much to that Best yard...haha...thanx

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Longliner

Longliner Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Bristol,Tn
    I find no fault with any post on here concerning GTI. The equipment is good,the miles are fine. But...with nearly a yr at GTI,what I do find frustrating is the time it takes for any maintenance to be done, for example, twice I've been in shop for PM's, 2 days for one,and believe it or not 3 DAYS(!) for another,with NO extenuating circumstances involved.The shop in Pacific Wa is staffed entirely w/vocational school students,makes for an interesting experience! Not only are they still figuring out what to do,they are uniformly nasty towards drivers. To be continued...

4. Longliner

Longliner Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Bristol,Tn
    The 2nd problem,the 1 I find most troublesome(the 1 for which I'll soon be departing GTI)is the office culture of dsrepect and disregard for drvrs and their needs. Unfortunately there is a (sorry to use the term again) culture of duplicitous dealings with drvrs,by DM's.The only drvrs I've spoke to who seem unaffected by this,(or unaware?) are new drvrs,who (1)don't understand that they DESERVE respect for the job they do,and (2)with little or no prior experience take this treatment as the"norm" in the industry.True Story...my DM,we'll call her Gina,this DM and I were having a heated conversation,during which she would,at the top of her voice, say something that I had NEVER said,as if she were repeating my words.I kept saying"Gina,what are u doing(?)I didn't say that!" This happened several times during our conversation,and was confusing the crap out of me! Only upon reflection did I recall that HER supervisor sat right NEXT to her,and what she was doing was acting as if I truly had made those statements for his benefit.Follow me? To be continued...

5. Longliner

Longliner Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Bristol,Tn
    Which was totally unnecessary,as this (We'll call him Travis) supervisor,Travis,regardless of how many drvrs complained of mistreatment at her hands,defended and covered for her.This is as I understand not unusual at all for GTI.Now,u may Poo-poo what I've said,but I assure u,its the absolute TRUTH. Unable to get a fair hearing on this from any with the power to affect change,I will, as I said soon be bidding GTI a not so fond farewell. If u choose to drive for GTI hve ur knee pads handy,and ur hat in hand.

6. TB John

TB John Company Shill of BYOB & CBD

Dec 28, 2008
    #### I do declare you definitely have detected deliberate deceptiveness and perhaps double dealings with drivers by their DM's.:biggrin_25524:

7. Longliner

Longliner Bobtail Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Bristol,Tn
    snakeskin?? Be REALLY careful about the "GOOD" reports you read about Gordon. I've peronally known SO many who've left do mostly to mistreatment. I'm soon to leav GTI myself,they have a lot to offer as long as you know "your place".Understand?

8. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    My x girlfriend was a customer serv rep at GTI several years ago and also was in training to dp. She was fired for going to a bar for lunch which someone I guess ratted her out for. The funny thing is that she did not drink while she was at the bar since she as a alcoholic always carried a flask in her purse and did not need to go to the bar to get a drink.

Believe it when I say that most of the staff at that Pacific term have disdain for most of the drivers at the company. During her training words like hobos on wheels and knuckleheads and some expletives where used to describe the drivers. For the most part you are just a necessary evil they have to deal with.

You are going to get about as much respect from them as you do from the average 4 wheeler so I would not be to hung up on that wanting to be part of the family thing. Worry about miles and pay and don't sweat the small stuff. Want respect? get a pet.

garciamag and SierraSemiDriver Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.