The truth about May??

Discussion in 'May Trucking' started by RowdyRigg, Aug 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    As for the rest, in my personal experience, it's.. less than accurate

And you pulled how many dry box trailer working on the refer side? Or was that refer you put in a ditch just a temp gig?

People if you disagree with my post, fine disagree. But what I said about their trailers is what I experienced. Many of the dry box trailers I hauled at May where crap and I hauled over a hundred in my time there at least. It has nothing to do with whether I liked May or not. I could care less.

Go work for them like I said before, but don't tell me I am a liar because you disagree with my opinion of their equipment. One of you hasn't even worked for them yet, and the other ran mostly refers which in MY experience where far better maintained then the dry boxes.

By the way, can I see a show of hands on how many drivers who actually know anything about trucking think that a privately insured carrier such as May is going to rehire in 6mos some one they terminated for 2 prevents and log violations?

You misunderstood them driver when they said 6mo. They meant after driving for 6 mos with another carrier. Hows your search been so far?:biggrin_25525:

wallbanger and firstgear Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bowhunter3125

bowhunter3125 Light Load Member

Oct 15, 2008
    klamath falls Or

a person does not have to drive for a company in order to look at their trailers. not saying yer a liar, but sounds like yer being a litle harsh on them, he maybe they screwed ya over, i dont know, but dont say we cant judge a companys trailers, or other equipment because we havnt drivin for them.i was in there yard on monday, i saw what there trailers looked like. up close

4. bigblue19

bigblue19 Road Train Member

Mar 30, 2007
    Midland WA
    but dont say we cant judge a company's trailers, or other equipment because we haven't driving for them.i was in there yard on Monday, i saw what there trailers looked like. up close

Are you kidding? You have not worked for May pulling their trailers. I have, so yes I will say your opinion on how good their equipment i, is WORTHLESS.

It's like someone giving a review on a restaurants food based on how it looks on the plate without actually eating it. Do you now comprehend driver?

5. Lilbit

Lilbit Road Train Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Let me check my logbook
    Let's take it easy on the bickering here. That's what the political forum is for! LOL!:biggrin_255:

6. bowhunter3125

Oct 15, 2008
    klamath falls Or
    yer right, you are the great and all knowing truck driver and none of us are worthy to be in yer presence.EVERYONE, PLEASE, BOW DOWN TO HIS HOLINESS OF TRUCKING!!!!
    you have got to be the dumbest person i have ever seen on these boards.does not matter that i took time to walk around May's yard, look at there tractors, look at the trailers and talk to several drivers.i know nothing, even though i was right next to several trailers i still know nothing.

7. mizz_b_havin

mizz_b_havin Bobtail Member

Apr 6, 2008
    winter haven, fl.
    Gosh, um, ok....Can anyone tell me if they hire out of Texas? Thanks, Have a Nice Day

8. bowhunter3125

Oct 15, 2008
    klamath falls Or
    as far as texas not to sure, there nearest yard to texas would be depending on where in texas ya are either denver or pheonix

9. jedi_tev

jedi_tev Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    Don't forget Pensacola, FL, Eastern Texas is a lot closer to there than any other terminal. Bowhunter, did you start yet?

10. bowhunter3125

Oct 15, 2008
    klamath falls Or
    nope and doesnt look like i will, i was more then willing to work with them and get back in there but i had to take care of certain things first. i told the recruiter that i would reschedule and she was fine with. however she rescheduled me for this last monday without talking to me first. next thing ya know got a call from her asking why i wasnt at orientation. so looks like i am done with may for now. i got a deal in the works to become an O/O.

11. jedi_tev

jedi_tev Light Load Member

Oct 11, 2008
    Las Vegas, NV
    See if she'll reschedule you, or did they say don't come back?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.