The worst experience ever... CH Robinson

Discussion in 'CH Robinson' started by wheelertrans, Jun 22, 2016.

1. wheelertrans

wheelertrans Bobtail Member

Jun 22, 2016
    USA
    Ok, I might be still too emotional, but my current experience with CH Robinson is horrible...

Here is my story. I booked a reefer load with a rep from Chicago Central branch. That load was intended to go to California. Next morning after getting loaded, I got a call from the same guy telling me that a customer has changed his mind and this load needs to be delivered to Chicago, IL. I stopped my driver in SD until we figure out all the details with the broker. I requested a reasonable rate to deliver it to Chicago however, they refused to agree on that rate. They lowered my rate for 12.5%. This guy was trying to threaten me, saying that I'm holding load hostage, and they gonna freeze my account. I said that I'm not holding load hostage, and if they don't like my rate, which is the low-end range at the moment, they can find a different carrier and just reload us. They were not happy about that option. They said it might take them few days to find a cold storage in that area and they are not gonna pay any layover. So they forced me to take their rate. But that's not the end of this story...

Now my truck is sitting in Chicago. We had a scheduled appointment this morning in Chicago, and my driver arrived at a facility last night. This morning a guy at that facility told us that they are waiting for another container trailer to come so they can reload our load to that trailer. When I called to CH Robinson rep, the same one with whom I booked this load, by the way, he was very rude. I informed him that we are gonna charge a detention after 2 hours, which is $50 per hour. He said that customer is pay way less...

I also called a resolution center, but they are useless. They admitted they can't do anything and that carriers with CH Robinson unsecured.

If someone can give me a good advice I would really appreciate it.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Longtimetrucker

Longtimetrucker Bobtail Member

Jul 27, 2016
    This stuff happens to us all the time with CH. I sure would be interested in seeing how it ends up for you. The best advice I can give you is to call the department and ask for the supervisor. If you don't get anywhere there, keep going up the chain. Eventually, someone will listen and something will happen. But it will take a lot of patience on your part. Sorry, been there way too often.

4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Hang in there.

Someone is going to have to cough up the haul to SD... based on original information.

5. J.S.

J.S. Medium Load Member

Jun 27, 2015
    Texas
    Oh I got a carrier a load to Cali and oh I didn't know it was supposed to go somewhere in Chicago...oh I'm just a child doing this for the first time and you should waste your time and fuel at your expense because oh it's ok for me to give you a load to Cali and then change where it's going rates trip plans etc. oh cuz that's not work it's nothing. YOU GET THE POINT. Get everything in writing. SUE FOR EVERY PENNY YOU CAN AND MOVE ON. Don't dispatch a truck until you can say that if anything goes wrong I have a legal avenue. GOD I DESPISE THESE SORTS OF THINGS. HAIL WALMART!!!!

6. forward

forward Bobtail Member

Mar 9, 2013
    It was a real pain to get set up with them. Their carrier on-boarding was slacking off in processing all the needed pieces that we submitted. It took almost a year of on and off following up with them to get their T-number. After that though, it was a pretty smooth sailing. Sorry to hear about your trouble. In cases the broker changes things on me, I simply ask the for the load to be taken off my truck, end of story.

7. BigTennOTR

BigTennOTR Medium Load Member

Dec 5, 2016
    Tenn
    I hateeeeeeeeeeeee dealing with them....they always leave something out,or they call you i times a day......i once got a phone call.....hey have you arrived at the reciever yet......i said no but im 40 miles away....14 hours early.....he said okay just checking...4 hours went by and he called again...i hit the ceiling....and he never called.me again.... THANK GOD

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.