Theres got to be a good lease program

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by thelinedriver, May 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thelinedriver

thelinedriver Light Load Member

Dec 24, 2017

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. thelinedriver

Dec 24, 2017
    Well if I had 75k, I wouldn't be looking for advice here.
    One day I will have something saved, but speaking to financial advisor and he says get into debt, save for down-payment but let the rest be debt.
    Debt is money he says.
    I'm not sure what is or isn't, the old fashioned me says save money, but the conservative side of me says just do what every one else does and get into to debt.
    So I don't think saving money is the answer for buying anything;However saving money for rainy day is always a good idea....I think

4. thelinedriver

Dec 24, 2017
  5. Pepper24

Pepper24 Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2010
    Here’s a perfect example of why L/P don’t work.Why would you believe it’s the company you’re buying the truck from responsibility to pay for repairs of your truck?Becuse you’re not being paid enough for freight to actually be running your own truck where there are expenses of repairs?

6. Richierich76

Richierich76 Light Load Member

Jul 19, 2019
    Markealy proved it could work as long as you didn't lease the truck for the same company where you got your freight.

7. Pepper24

Dec 3, 2010
    What r u talking about?How do you know that.Someone just post stuff on a chat line it has to be true right?by the way I’m a lawyer and I do surgeries doing my 34 hour reset, I also date a French super model o yeah Brad Pitt is my brother

8. Richierich76

Richierich76 Light Load Member

Jul 19, 2019
    Did you really get screwed on a lease or something?

9. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    No ... it's an example of AN l/p program that may not work. Truth is you're going on hearsay.

I could point you to the bad companies forum as an example of why being a company driver doesn't work.

Truth of the matter is there's good companies and bad companies. You have to do your own research, not rely on someone on the internet.

Same with drivers. There's those that know what they need to do. Whether that's working for a company, being an o/o or l/p. Then there are those that are clueless, want to be spoon fed and always blame someone else for thier inability.

Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  10. Pepper24

Dec 3, 2010
    Why did you not mention this good companies name then.Why do people say there are good lease purchase companies out there but keep the company name a secret?What are the good companies with the highest lease completion and ownership of the truck with the lowest turnover rate.now your chance to prove your statement.

11. Pepper24

Dec 3, 2010
    Since you obviously don’t understand these programs.Here’s my problem with these companies.The companies that do L/P are not great humanitarians trying to help mankind they don’t actually care about you as a person. They are trying to operate there business at the lowest cost to them and when they find people who are naive and take on the cost of the truck they will in the majority of cases will never own,and pay for there own workers comp as well the companies don’t pay into the driver’s federal taxes since there classifies them as independent contractors as well don’t offer any benefits such as insurance or vacation time .it making hard on true owners operators as well as companies who actually employ the drivers to compete with companies operating on this manner which drag down freight rates.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2023
    Bean Jr. Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.