They all suck!

Discussion in 'Report A BAD Trucking Company Here' started by Worldnet, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Havent talked to a friend in over a month..his phone has been giving a wierd tone.
    I finally called his company and inquired about him.
    Company informed me he passed march 30.
    I asked if it was a wreck.
    Their response.
    We cant give that information.
    Rip...Tom

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    If you're only making minimum wage at 80 hours a week, your at the wrong company. I wouldn't consider my job high paying but I can easily make $1200 plus a week home every day. Some checks can be close to $1400. My company leaves me alone, I treat every receiver I am at as a professional, I run how I want, and enjoy this job. Check out the threads on here for good companies, pm me and if I know of good jobs in you area I will tell you. Or get your own truck and trailer, my folks are doing quite well with their own.

4. Steel Dragon

Nov 23, 2015
    Americold sucks..charge $100 late fee and sit 12 hours waiting to get loaded.
    Seriously considering suicide.

5. Steel Dragon

Nov 23, 2015
    Ready to go on a rampage.
    Think the company will bail me out of jail?
    Or will they let the reefer load spoil?
    Just spent $30 on a tasteless pizza and need a shower.

6. Call_Me_The_Breeze

Call_Me_The_Breeze Medium Load Member

Dec 30, 2015
    That's pretty sad, to have to take that kind of risk in doing your job, have rewards come in the form of raises, only to have them snatched back and be told you must repay them.

What's really sad is that you're probably not the only one looking elsewhere, and the idiots making these decisions are too ignorant to understand that once they run everyone out by doing this, who's going to save people?

This is likely part of why Detroit was given a nice fire truck (by a private citizen who had it) in good condition, but had no one to man it. The corporate stupidity of cutting wages and trimming jobs to boost profits is spreading to government, and it will eventually bite them in the a#s when no one has any money to buy the s#-t sandwiches they're selling.

Same principle as starving an engine for fuel. When it can no longer run, the vehicle stops. People, the country is the vehicle, our wages are the fuel, and WE are the engine. Too bad the imbeciles in charge don't realize they're jumping over paper Benjamins to pick up copper Lincolns.

Unfortunately, since they don't understand that a penny saved isn't always a penny earned, businesses generally view equipment as disposable, and when that seems to save them money, the cross-hairs turn to us, and they throw us away when we no longer serve their purpose, same as the equipment.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
    Svail Thanks this.
  7. Call_Me_The_Breeze

Dec 30, 2015
    Guess it's my turn on the soapbox today... I hear ya, brother, but consider this when you think it isn't worth it. Last time I was on the road, I was out eight weeks, and sick for six of those, so I am currently on hiatus for testing for asthma and extreme allergies, and finding the best suitable treatment.

If you think driving a truck is not worth it, try what I'm doing for the time being -- IC for an app-based food delivery service (think GrubHub/OrderUp, etc.) Basically, it's Uber for food delivery. And we all know Uber is a bad joke.

Even though the system already uses our phone's GPS for customer order-tracking, orders are simply auto-dispatched from a queue in the order they are received, instead of GPS proximity to point of pickup. Hence, these morons are running me across town for every order I pick up, to the tune of about 6-8 miles driven per order (sometimes more). And at $0.50 a mile cost, I can't make money with $2.99 delivery fees unless I get a crazy tip (not often).

And when we deal with 130+ restaurants, I know d#mned well there are closer orders that would reduce deadhead mileage. It's unnecessary wasted time and expense, and to prove it, for 3000 miles on the car, I took in $1000. HARDLY worth it. Imagine having fifty miles unpaid deadhead on each load. Same thing. But this doesn't just hurt my pocket, it hurts customer service as well.

Unfortunately, the idiots in charge don't seem interested in fixing these issues, even to the point of presuming to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about (I have two years of college business/accounting courses and over ten years of owner-operating a taxicab in this town, I think I know what I'm talking about).

If Brains Were Gasoline.jpg

And it occurred to me, I'm right back in the same bucket of s--t I was in three years ago before I got my CDL. Only this time, while I don't have control over the bucket of s--t like I did before, I also don't have the learning curve to get back to making money again.
    Can't wait to get back in a truck... :Straight road: I've been chasing two companies, one for a local job that is tied up in the Beam Bros/Eagle Express transition. I can't complete an application to Eagle without the specific position, which isn't posted on their site. Even when I selected a generic position to put in for, it still won't submit the application. Some things just shouldn't be electronic.

The other is for an OTR product delivery job with a Class 7 truck, whose contact keeps telling me to call them an hour or two in advance on the days the truck will be there for my perusal, yet won't answer their phone or return my messages when I do. o_O I think I'd rather deal with Beavis and Butt-head dispatchers than this.

Beavis And ButtHead - Office.jpg

At this point, I'd even consider Swift as long as the miles and pay were decent. However, I'd rather avoid auto-shifts and other nanny b-lls-it bigger companies ram down our throat. I was looking at lease-purchasing through QLC but I think I'd better do a bit more research, as Celadon's implosion seems imminent. :evil4::evil3: :dontknow:

So, in summary, when you think that driving a truck isn't worth it, think about this little detour I've had to make. What I've learned is that sometimes you have to fall and often d#mn near hit rock bottom before you realize just how far you've come. I guess what I'm trying to say is, even though trucking is no picnic -- things could ALWAYS be worse. Food for thought -- Stupidity flows everywhere, you just have to get away from the waterfall and trace it to where it merely trickles. :) Cheers.

Last edited: May 23, 2017
  8. Call_Me_The_Breeze

Dec 30, 2015
    Sorry to hear, SD... It's sad when the road finally claims one of us... It's unfortunate that so many of us that actually get along are so out-of-touch, in times when so many of us insist on fighting each other rather than helping...

Rest In Peace Driver - We'll Take It From Here.JPG

Steel Dragon and jungledrums Thank this.
  9. Call_Me_The_Breeze

Dec 30, 2015
    There's two sides to that coin. I totally get where you're coming from about doing something about it. When given the option, I gladly backed away from such a situation where a romantic interest complained about her job, yet did nothing to change her situation, even though she knew she was going nowhere. However...

Not everyone that mentions issues is just complaining to complain. Some are looking for advice or just trying to trade war stories in a rare downtime, if you read between the lines. Some people are actually laughing, even if you don't see it. Just my $0.02... Cheers.

10. jamesjohnson

jamesjohnson Bobtail Member

Feb 28, 2014
    los angeles
    He's right. I've trucking off and on since 1981. Everybody looks at truck drivers as zip #### fools. The courts, The D.O.T, the Highway patrol, The carriers and shippers. Nobody respects truck drivers. Why should they. Look at how truckers interact. A bunch of racism and hate. Truck drivers hold this entire country in their hands. But you cant pay drivers to stick together on nothing. Remember all the nationwide strikes that never took place. It takes a special kinda mf to run up and down the highway for pennies. I still got my commercial license but I'm no longer in trucking. I went and got my general contractors license to build houses. I'm about to return to college for refrigeration and air conditioning. You can say what you wanna say but trucking aint about ####. I love driving but it that serious. Think about this for a minute. Think about all these trucking companies with lease purchase programs. They all see truckers as being stupid and #### fools. When people ask me about the trucking industry. My response. Dont waste your time.

Steel Dragon Thanks this.
  11. Steel Dragon

Nov 23, 2015
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.