Think frame is bent?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by Jasonar15, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Mattflat362

Mattflat362 Road Train Member

Feb 18, 2015
    Avon Lake, Ohio
    My problems seem small now. Sucks OP.

wore out Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 6wheeler

6wheeler Road Train Member

Aug 30, 2009
    One of my trailers did something like that when the landing gear broke. It messed up one of the axles to where it didn't quite touch the ground but a little cutting and welding fixed it right up

4. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Did he forget he had a trailer and drop it in the ditch? You're lucky...a loaded trailer can produce so much torque that it can slam a tractor on the ground with considerable force.

5. Jasonar15

Jasonar15 Medium Load Member

Aug 6, 2017
    Idk what he was thinking. But got a ticket for going down a road that says no trucks. This will probably put me out of business

Ruthless and TripleSix Thank this.
  6. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Im sorry to hear that.

I did some thinking last night on that plywood loading. We would have it in two blocks one up over the drives and one somewhere aft on that deck. That looks like a solid belly load which probably caused it to be more tippier than usual to coin a term.

I also examined the maps and could not find that cross street anywhere on it. However from the looks of the single lane pavement and so forth it is safe to say that's not a place to put a big truck.

I do hope you can survive this hit. The more i think about the associated costs it's pretty up there I would imagine.

As far as that spread flat is concerned I once took out about 20 feet of green curbing which has not cured at the VA Clinic in Sayre NY that was not yet completed. (Roofing material) and I think the damage was round 600 dollars more or less. I have spent a hour telling that foreman over and over it wont fit.

Keep in mind it's going against a really busy three lane painted median divided. So getting into it from the other direction would not do well against that traffic.

That curbing was a relatively small loss all around, but it was one among the accidents Ive had that caused the most trouble.

7. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    Uhoh. Small company....yeah insurance will probably go through the roof. If it does, simplify the company and do the 1 truck trucking company until the insurance prices go back down.

Luck in battle, friend.

Mr @Ridgeline any thoughts?

stwik Thanks this.
  8. Jasonar15

Aug 6, 2017
    Yes two trucks. Probably not going to do a insurance claim on truck. It’s a 1999 fld which ain’t worth what my insurance is going to go up. Will have to do the cargo claim tho.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  9. TripleSix

TripleSix God of Roads

Apr 10, 2009
    Copied in Hell
    The police report will be enough.

10. Jasonar15

Aug 6, 2017
    Be enough for what?

11. wore out

wore out Numbered Classic

Jun 5, 2013
    CHASIN THE DEVIL'S HERD
    To make your insurance go ouch. Towable crashes are recorded on your DOT number if a state agency gets involved. If it was just city and county you may be ok

TripleSix and x1Heavy Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.