Thinking about Changing to Car Hauling

Discussion in 'Car Hauler and Auto Carrier Trucking Forum' started by tnccrutcher, Apr 1, 2018.

1. tnccrutcher

tnccrutcher Light Load Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Hayward,Ca
    Hey Guys I welcome any thoughts or opinions. Do anyone know anything about Lnr auto transport. They are car haulers out of texas they are fairly new they have expanded to Fremont, Ca. To tell a little about myself I have pulled refers and tankers for 18yrs. Currently pull tankers They are advertising hard out here for drivers. I trying to find info about them before I consider a change. I will be thankful for any info that can be provided.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Banker

Banker Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2012
    I don’t know a thing about the company you speak of, but I will give you my take on switching to carhauling.
    I did this a little over 6 years ago and I wouldn’t go back to my old job if I could. It can suck for a while depending on how you adapt to it and the equipment you get to learn with, but after you know what you are doing it can be a great well paying job. Many experienced carhaulers can make very near $100,000. Some company drivers are $125,000 or so but I wouldn’t count on that much.

BigBob410 and Hammer166 Thank this.
  4. carhaulerjeff

carhaulerjeff Light Load Member

Jun 8, 2016
    LNR is out of new jersey good epuipment paid heath for driver and family google them and look at their website

BigBob410 and Tall Mike Thank this.
  5. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    also depends on health . should be able to climb 2nd floor without thinking twice . im switching to step deck . just me . there is plenty of money to make in car hauling .

tnccrutcher Thanks this.
  6. tnccrutcher

Dec 4, 2008
    Hayward,Ca
    Thanks for the info

7. tnccrutcher

Dec 4, 2008
    Hayward,Ca

8. tnccrutcher

Dec 4, 2008
    Hayward,Ca
    Thanks for the info

9. Rylan

Rylan Light Load Member

Nov 10, 2015
    Prepare to be gone for a long time with them I have a friend who used to work there and never had home time. Just saying, if you really want to haul cars and they will give you a chance go for it

BigBob410 and tnccrutcher Thank this.
  10. pavrom

pavrom Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2012
    NE illinois
    id say all companies different , my drivers used to spend only 3 night a week max in truck , weekends home and still make 6 figures ...doing 2000-2300 miles a week

tnccrutcher Thanks this.
  11. BigBob410

BigBob410 Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Beirut on the Bay, MD.
    I don't have any current info on LNR but I know they have nice equipment. They used to chase overflow and as was said above, and I guess this depends on where you live, but a friend/co worker was having a very hard time getting home. This was a year ago so it is very possible things have changed. Are they offering to train you?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.